6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2011 8:01 PM by Baal666bobo RSS

ORA-3113 Can mount database when i open gives me the error

Baal666bobo
      Ive been running two databases recently with no backup or archiving (YES IM A MORON;MOVING ON) im now facing a situation where both databases were running fine. I shutdown the pc for a week. I started it back up one of my databases is failing with ORA 3113.

Tried to look into it with trace files and events but nothing so far. Im running Windows 32 XP with 1 tera hard disk.

Checked my control files pfiles spfiles
      all good
      when i went to sqlplus
      startup
      gave me
      Instance started.....
      Database mounted

then out of a sudden ORA 3113 End of file communication

Tried to go through rman
      same thing
      starts mounts
      alter database open
      CRASHHHHH ORA 3113

Checked my listeners
      started and running
      funny thing my events says instance DEMO has been terminated
      when i look at my listener status it recognizes the instance as started

Instance ''demo'' has one handler.....
      but when opening it crashes and that dissapears

Im having an issue cuz im running APEX 4 (port 8000) on that
      and all my demos and on this unbacked up fucking database
      The messed up thing is the server was left intact, not touched, moved or even changed in any way, why it doesnt want to start now :~|

Help PLZ,
      Thanks
      Bobo
        • 1. Re: ORA-3113 Can mount database when i open gives me the error
          The connection between Client and Server process was broken.

There was a communication error that requires further investigation. First, check for network problems and review the SQL*Net setup. Also, look in the alert.log file for any errors. Finally, test to see whether the server process is dead and whether a trace file was generated at failure time
          • 2. Re: ORA-3113 Can mount database when i open gives me the error
            rajeysh
            ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
            Cause: The connection between Client and Server process was broken. 

Action: There was a communication error that requires further investigation.   
            First, check for network problems and review the SQL*Net setup.
            Also, look in the alert.log file for any errors.
            Finally, test to see whether the server process is dead and whether a trace file was generated at failure time.

The ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel error is a generic error. The ORA-03113 error when connecting suggests that the connection was established, but lost later, like a timeout.

There are many possible causes for the ORA-03113 error. It is a "catch-all" type error which means "I cannot communication with the Oracle shadow process." This usually happens when the Oracle server process has died for some reason.

See MOSC Note:17613.1 "ORA-03113":

For example, ORA-03113 could be signaled for any of these scenarios:

Server machine crashed
            Your server process was killed at O/S level
            Network problems
            Oracle internal errors / aborts on the server
            Client incorrectly handling multiple connections
            etc.. etc.. etc.. - a lot of possible causes !!
            It goes on to note that the ORA-03113 End-Of-File error often has additional messages:

It is common for this error to be accompanied by other errors such as:

ORA-01041 internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist
            ORA-03114 not connected to ORACLE
            ORA-01012 not logged on

reference:-
            http://dba-oracle.com/m_ora_03113_end_of_file_on_communications_channel.htm
            http://www.arikaplan.com/oracle/ari418b.html
            • 3. Re: ORA-3113 Can mount database when i open gives me the error
              post last few lines of alert.log file.
              • 4. Re: ORA-3113 Can mount database when i open gives me the error
                EdStevens
                Baal666bobo wrote:
                Ive been running two databases recently with no backup or archiving (YES IM A MORON;MOVING ON) im now facing a situation where both databases were running fine. I shutdown the pc for a week. I started it back up one of my databases is failing with ORA 3113.
                <snip>
                Does this machine by chance run with a dhcp assigned ip address?
                • 5. Re: ORA-3113 Can mount database when i open gives me the error
                  Baal666bobo
                  No sry it doesnt have dhcp i assign manually and it doesnt move from that. Nice thought though thanks.
                  • 6. Re: ORA-3113 Can mount database when i open gives me the error
                    Baal666bobo
                    I found my answer, The hard disk is getting corrupted, I lost 1342 blocks of mem. And im basically fucked with this database, its not gonna start whatever i try. Thanks for the replies anyhow.
                    WOUIIIINNNN. IMMA GONNA HAVE TO DO DEMOS AND MY APPLICATIONS FROM SCRATCH> RAHHHHHHHHHH
                    Cheers,
                    Baal666bobo