This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2011 3:08 AM by 857138 RSS

can't send or receive sms

857138 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I would like to test sending and receiving SMS in the wireless toolkit.
* when I use the WMA console and send an SMS to the emulator (+5550000), it says "sent SMS to +5550000" but I don't see anything in the emulator + the network monitor SMS tab does not show any SMS.
* the other way, I have a midlet that sends a SMS to a short code (now, that number does not exist, but I expect it to try and send the SMS). It asks permission to send SMS to the number, I say yes, but nothing happens, the network monitor does not show any SMS packet.

I tried several things such as:
- setting the SMS receive and send permission (+Connect.sms) but it did not change anything
- tried to get my hands on the "SMSDemo" some articles talk about, but this demo is not shipped with my toolkit (Sun Java Toolkit 2.5.2_01) and I can't find it on the web
- tried to set the phone number of my WMA console to the short code my midlet is sending SMS to. I did manage that, no problem, but yet, when I said to send the SMS, nothing happened, neither the WMA console nor the network monitor showed my SMS.
- checked the API select does indeed WMA. Actually I use MSA and it includes plenty of APIs.

Can somebody please help ?
Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points