This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2013 5:46 AM by Udo RSS

How to set encoding in Apex Listener

tyomasun Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Our database has charset AL32UTF8. We want to make the encoding of HTML pages has been Windows-1251 (cl8mswin1521). In the case of OHS, this was solved by installing PlsqlNLSLanguage = RUSSIAN_CIS.CL8MSWIN1251. How to be the case with Apex Listener (GlassFish 3.0), preceded by Apache (mod_jk)?

Edited by: tyoma on Apr 23, 2011 3:37 PM
  • 1. Re: How to set encoding in Apex Listener
    Udo Guru
    Hi,

as far as I know, the APEX Listener is bound to UTF-8. If I understand its deployment structure right, you'd need to change a lot to support multiple charsets.
    I'm just wondering why you would not want to stay with UTF-8, as it contains all characters available in character set CP 1251.

-Udo
  • 2. Re: How to set encoding in Apex Listener
    snmdla Explorer
    With a WE8MSWIN1252 (or comparable charset) database, fronted by APEX listener, and the absense of NVARCHAR2 support in APEX, is there an option to build an APEX application supporting UTF-8 characters anyway, without converting the whole database to UTF-8?

As "Application Builder User’s Guide" is quite tight-lipped when it comes to UTF-8 support, can somebody recommend an APEX FAQ concerning UTF-8 support in APEX?

Thanks and regards, Tom
  • 3. Re: How to set encoding in Apex Listener
    Udo Guru
    Hello Tom,

this thread has been abandoned two years ago by the OP, and it also seems to be headed a bit different than your request. So please open a new thread for your question.

Thanks,

Udo

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points