This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2011 11:29 PM by 832857 RSS

Tracepoint instead of BreakPoint

832857 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
in C there are many debug tools comes with Tracepoint options which is set as Breakpoint,but during execution application hits without stopping the execution.
So I would like to know if there is an option for Java Hotspot to put a Tracepoint instead of BreakPoint?
When I did google search I came across another JRE owning this option.

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Tracepoint instead of BreakPoint
    796440 Guru
    That's no a property of Java or C or hotspot, but of the debugger. The IntelliJ IDE's debugger let's you set options at each breakpoint that tell it not to stop execution and to log some message. It seems reasonable that other debuggers would have this feature as well. Look at the docs, etc., for your debugger.
  • 2. Re: Tracepoint instead of BreakPoint
    832857 Newbie
    yes you are rıght debugging is not provided by any Programming language. It is debugging tools responsibility. I am using Eclipse IDE for java programming. After giving some sort of jvm parameter It allows me to debug an implementing application remotely. Whilst using these IDE I only see the Breakpoints, however there may be an option or plug-in to put Tracepoint which is similar to Breakpoints in working but differ in that it collects data each time of hitting.

Edited by: user13808465 on Apr 25, 2011 11:28 PM

Edited by: user13808465 on Apr 25, 2011 11:28 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points