This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 9, 2011 12:00 AM by 652803 RSS

Admin object configuration

844125 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

One of our Resource Adapters we develop introduces admin objects to allow configuration of certain resources by a user of the Resourece Adapter, much in line with Queus and Topics for JMS RA. When I use this Resource Adapter on weblogic, I noticed that adding an admin object using the console isn't enough, I need to use a deployment plan to add the new created admin object to the weblogic-ra.xml (and need to restart the instances in some case).

I was wondering(hoping) whether I overlook something, isn't there an easier way?

Is there a reason why the admin object instance configuration is stored on resource adapter deployment descriptor level? To me the admin object instance is an application level concept, a JNDI reference to a resource to allow application to refere to a resource by means of a handle instead of hard coded configuration as with queus for JMS? The Resource Adapter merely introduces the type of the admin object.

Thanks,
Eltjo.
  • 1. Re: Admin object configuration
    652803 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    when define new admin object instance using Console, Console will automatically generate deployment plan for you. you need not manually manage the plan.
    The reason behind all these is that resource adapter is managed as an application on WLS.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points