2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2011 2:43 AM by 858905

PO Conversion in 11.5.10:Validating issue for item on legacy PO lines

we are implementing INV and PO.
      we are converting stockable items into Item Master in INV and NON-Stockable items into Item Catalogs in PO.
      So, when i perform PO Conversion(Legacy PO's) the items which are on Legacy PO's will be in Item Catalogs in Oracle.
      how should i validate the item which is on legacy PO lines.Since this item is not available in Item master i cannot
      validate against mtl_system_items_b table.

could you let me know how i should i validate item.

thanks.
        • 1. Re: PO Conversion in 11.5.10:Validating issue for item on legacy PO lines
          Karthik Gopaluni
          There should be some way in your legacy system to differentiate these items. ask business users about where they store this information.
          It could be in the legacy systems item def screen/PO line types/bought from supplier types/classification etc.
          IF there is nothing in the legacy system at least business can identify them manually (this is painful).
          in the second scenario you have to take distinct items on PO lines from legacy system and then provide it to business in excel and ask them to differentiate between stocking and non stockable items
          • 2. Re: PO Conversion in 11.5.10:Validating issue for item on legacy PO lines
            Hi Karthik

Thanks for your response.

I was able to differentiate b/w Stockable Items (Item Master) and Non Stockable Items from Legacy system.

1. Assume that I converted Stockable items to Item master and Nonstockable items into Item Catalogs in Purchasing Super User.

My concern is when i perform PO Conversion:-

During Validation:
            I need to validate item which is on Legacy PO. Against which table/column i need to validate ?
            PO Conversion can be done only if the item is defined in Oracle,but here all the items which are on legacy PO's are stored in Item Catalog in Purchasing Super User.
            how should i perform item validation ?

Thanks