8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2013 10:09 AM by 888665 RSS

Oracle Apps Adapter issues

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed SOA 11.1.1.4.0 and am trying to work through the basic labs. I would like to be able to use the Oracle Apps adapter, but am getting the below error when trying to update the apps adapter (to change the status from Installed to Active):

An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.
      [1] The ra.xml <connection-interface> class 'oracle.tip.adapter.apps.IAppsConnection' was not found in the resource adapter archive/application. [2] The ra.xml <connection-impl-class> class 'oracle.tip.adapter.apps.AppsConnection' was not found in the resource adapter archive/application. [3] The ra.xml <managedconnectionfactory-class> class 'oracle.tip.adapter.apps.AppsManagedConnectionFactory' was not found in the resource adapter archive/application. [4] The ra.xml <connectionfactory-impl-class> class 'oracle.tip.adapter.apps.AppsConnectionFactory' was not found in the resource adapter archive/application.

I logon to the consiole (localhost:7001/console), under Deployments, query on OracleAppsAdapter (whose status is 'Installed').
      Source Path - C:\ Oracle\ Middleware\ Oracle_SOA1\ soa\ connectors\ AppsAdapter. rar

Configuration Tab -> Outbound Connections Pool (sub-tab) ->
      Connection Factory -> eis/Apps/Apps
      dataSourceName = NULL
      xADataSourceName = jdbc/AppsDataSource

I navigate to Service -> Data Sources
      Datasource Name = eBizDS, JNDI name = jdbc/AppsDataSource

The datasource is able to connect to the DB.

Am I missing any steps? One thing which I noticed is that the OracleAppsAdapter is not deployed on the 'AdminServer' (under Target tab). When I try to deploy it, I get the above error.

Please let me know if I posted in the wrong forum, or if you need any more information.

Versions:
      SOA Suite - 11.1.1.4.0
      WLS - 10.3.4

Thanks,
      Ashish
        • 1. Re: Oracle Apps Adapter issues
          Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
          Did you target your OracleAppsAdapter to AdminServer? If no then first go to Weblogic Admin Console --> Deployments --> OracleAppsAdapter --> Targets and select the checkbox against "AdminServer". Click on save and your adapter should come into "Active" state. After that you can create outbound connection pool and update the OracleAppsAdapter.

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: Oracle Apps Adapter issues
            I tried that, and I still get the same error message:

[1] The ra.xml <connection-interface> class 'oracle.tip.adapter.apps.IAppsConnection' was not found in the resource adapter archive/application. [2] The ra.xml <connection-impl-class> class 'oracle.tip.adapter.apps.AppsConnection' was not found in the resource adapter archive/application. [3] The ra.xml <managedconnectionfactory-class> class 'oracle.tip.adapter.apps.AppsManagedConnectionFactory' was not found in the resource adapter archive/application. [4] The ra.xml <connectionfactory-impl-class> class 'oracle.tip.adapter.apps.AppsConnectionFactory' was not found in the resource adapter archive/application.
            Settings updated successfully.
            • 3. Re: Oracle Apps Adapter issues
              Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
              Can you let us know below details?

1. How many servers you have in your environment?
              2. Do you see any deployment in failed state in Deployments section on Weblogic Admin console?
              3. Did you make any change in resource adapter files?

Regards,
              Anuj
              • 4. Re: Oracle Apps Adapter issues
                I've got 2 servers:
                1) AdminServer
                2) bam_server1 (which is down)

There aren't any deployements in 'Failed' state. I have 'Prepared', 'Active' and 'Installed' states.

Nope, I have not touched the resource adapter file (C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa\connectors\AppsAdapter.rar)
                • 5. Re: Oracle Apps Adapter issues
                  Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
                  Can you delete the existing OracleAppsAdapter deployment from Weblogic Admin Console and redeploy it?

Regards,
                  Anuj
                  • 6. Re: Oracle Apps Adapter issues
                    I deleted the existing OracleAppsAdapter .

1) Clicked on Install
                    2) Selected AppsAdapter.rar
                    3) Selected "Install this deployment as application"
                    4) Selected "AdminServer" as target
                    5) Changed Name to EBizAppsAdapter.
                    Under Source accessibility, selected "Use the defaults defined by the deployment's targets"
                    6) Clicked on 'Activate Changes'.

At this point I can see the new Adapter in Prepared state. When I try to update it, it gives the same error:

• 7. Re: Oracle Apps Adapter issues
                      Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
                      At this point I can see the new Adapter in Prepared state. When I try to update it, it gives the same error:
                      Wait until the adapter comes into "Active" state from "Prepared" state, before updating/creating connection pool . If it remains in "Prepared" state for a long time, check the server logs to find out any errors during activation.

Regards,
                      Anuj
                      • 8. Re: Oracle Apps Adapter issues
                        Changes :
                        The 'OracleAppsAdapter' was deleted from the WebLogic Administration Server Console.

Cause :
                        The 'DBAdapter' has a higher deployment order than 'OracleAppsAdapter'.
                        In order for 'OracleAppsAdapter' to be deployed successfully (go into the Active State) it needs 'DBAdapter' to be already deployed.

Solution :
                        Ensure that the DBAdapter has a lower deployment order than OracleAppsAdapter.

1. Login into the WebLogic Administration Console
                        2. Go to Deployments
                        3. Delete existing adapter 'OracleAppsAdapter'
                        4. Restart admin server and managed servers.
                        5. Login into the WebLogic Administration Console
                        6. Go to Deployments
                        7. Click on 'DbAdapter'
                        8. Go to the Overview tab
                        9. Verify and note the value for the "Deployment Order" parameter
                        10. Go back to Deployments
                        11. Re-create 'OracleAppsAdapter' from '/FMW_HOME/Oracle_SOA1/soa/connectors/AppsAdapter.rar' with the default settings.
                        12. Update 'OracleAppsAdapter' Adapter with deployment order higher than the 'DBAdapter'
                        13. Save the changes
                        14. Go back to Deployments
                        15. Perform Action 'Start' for 'OracleAppsAdapter'