9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2012 1:42 PM by 966259 RSS

Timeout for Requisition Approval with AME

G-oracle
      We have a requirement to implement time-out feature for Requisition approval. As we have the approval rules configured in AME, time out feature is not support for Requisitions. Oracle has an ER for this.
      Has anybody used any workaround or customization to implement time out for Requisitions using AME?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Timeout for Requisition Approval with AME
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          Unfortunately when using AME, the reminder notification feature is not available.

However, there is a feature with Timeouts that can be used. What happens is after the notification to the approver times out, the supervisor of the approver is notified. If that supervisor does not respond and the timeout occurs again, then the next supervisor is notified, and so on. Once this list is exhausted if no response is entered the requisition is returned with a notification to the last approver and the submitter of the requisition that No Approver Found has occurred.

1) Using WF Builder, open the Requisition workflow
          2) Explode the Processes menu
          3) Open subprocess named *"Parallel Approval Subprocess"*
          4) There is a notification that has a result for . This notification is called *"Approve Requisition Notification (Simplified)"*
          5) Right click on this notification and in the Node tab enter the timeout values as desired and save

6) Save this back to the database from File > Save As (choose to save to database by entering connect string and username and password for APPS). Also be sure the Workflow Background Process is scheduled to run as this initiates the next workflow after the timeout occurs.

7) Retest with a new test case and see if the notifications timeout and the flow works as expected

Above approach has been implemented by our technical developer and he shared this info which may help you to address your escalation process. Hope this will help

Kind Regards,
          S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: Timeout for Requisition Approval with AME
            G-oracle
            Hi Dash,

Thanks for the reply. Oracle provided the same workaround on the SR we filed. Out technical resource followed the instructions but could not achieve the desired result.

The issue was that the AME_PARALLEL_APPROVAL is not at all part of MAIN_REQAPPRV_PROCESS. We checked process by process but did not find AME_PARALLEL_APPROVAL being used anywhere.

From your response, I could understand the workaround has worked for you. Can you guide me to achieve the desired result?

Thanks in advance..
            • 3. Re: Timeout for Requisition Approval with AME
              rkgoud
              In 11i, I don't see the AME_PARALLEL_APPROVAL. You have to go to the subprocess Approval Routing Chooser --> Approval List Routing Using AME --> Notify Approver (Simplified in AME) --> Approve Requisition Notification(Simplified)

Edited by: RK on May 10, 2011 8:06 AM
              • 4. Re: Timeout for Requisition Approval with AME
                S.PDASH
                Hi,
                As a good practise you should mention the Oracle Apps version (11i/R12) you are using in your forum questions :). Please send me your mail id if possible, we don't mind to share the screenshot of the WF node setup.

You need to login in apps, display name : requisition and use internal name : REQAPPRV to configure the Time-Out

You can also follow the steps which is correctly mentioned by Mr. RK

Kind Regards,
                S.P DASH
                • 5. Re: Timeout for Requisition Approval with AME
                  G-oracle
                  Hi Dash and RK,

Sorry..missed to mention that we are on R12 (12.1.3). Email id is sudarshan12rao@yahoo.com. Great if you can send me the details so that I can investigate and make this work.

Thanks
                  • 6. Re: Timeout for Requisition Approval with AME
                    S.PDASH
                    Sent you the screenshots

/S.P DASH
                    • 7. Re: R12 Timeout for Requisition Approval with AME
                      G-oracle
                      Hi Dash - - thanks for the files.

The screen shots refer to the steps you had provided earlier in this thread. And as mentioned by me, the AME_PARALLEL_APPROVAL is not at all part of MAIN_REQAPPRV_PROCESS. We checked process by process but did not find AME_PARALLEL_APPROVAL being used anywhere.

In the Path provided by RK, Approval Routing Chooser --> Approval List Routing Using AME --> Notify Approver (Simplified in AME) --> Approve Requisition Notification(Simplified), I do not find 'Notify Approver (Simplified in AME) '

This is found only in the path 'Approval Routing Choose-->Approval List Routing-->Approver Chooser-->Notify Approver' but this is not the path taken for AME.

I have sent the .wft file to Dash by email.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance
                      • 8. Re: R12 Timeout for Requisition Approval with AME
                        S.PDASH
                        Hi,
                        Could you please check Note Id : 338732.1, 973699.1, 748518.1 of Oracle metalink. We believe the above notes will assist you in configuring your AME and may address all your issues.

Kind Regards,
                        S.P DASH
                        • 9. Re: Timeout for Requisition Approval with AME
                          Hi SP
                          can you please share screen shots to this email srinivas.74k@gmail.com

Thanks,
                          Srinivas