This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2011 9:12 AM by gary k RSS

Can't Find "Lead Type" field in report for Lead object

gary k Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We need to pull a variety of fields from the LEAD object into a report, including the Lead Type.

For some reason, when going into Create New Analysis, then under Reporting - selecting "Leads", we cannot find the Lead Type column (a Picklist) anywhere. Some of our custom multi-picklist fields are also nowhere to be found.

Has anyone else had this problem with Lead Type or custom fields, and if so, do you know how we can include them on a report?

Many thanks.
  • 1. Re: Can't Find "Lead Type" field in report for Lead object
    796572 Newbie
    Gary,

There are some fields that are not made available in Reports / Analytics. Lead Type may be one of them - please confirm with Oracle.

Multi select picklists are not supported in Realtime reports. They are supported only in Historical reports at this time.

Regards,
    Udaya
  • 2. Re: Can't Find "Lead Type" field in report for Lead object
    763243 Explorer
    Hello Gary,

This is a very common issue. You will not find Lead Type in the Reports. Following are the two solutions available:

Solution 1

Create a custom picklist and copy the Lead Type into the picklist using the Post Default and workflows facility provided by CRMOD.
    However the draw back is that when the lead type changes you need to change the pick list value for the custom picklist field also.

Solution 2
    Instead of a custom pick list you can use a Short text or Long text. You can use this field in the report also. There is no maintenance for this also.

My suggestion would be Solution 2.

If there are any clarifications you can email me also.

Regards

Paul
  • 3. Re: Can't Find "Lead Type" field in report for Lead object
    gary k Newbie
    Thanks to you both for your answers. It wouldn't have occurred to me that a few fields would be left out of Reports / Analytics, when nearly all the others are available. I'll try your suggestion. Many thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points