This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2011 4:31 PM by jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias RSS

writing to file in database format

user11357554 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi i want to write a file in java.
I want store data in the file as database format such that the file contain attribute and values and i must be able to retrieve it .please can any body help me out of this .Thanks in advance .
  • 1. Re: writing to file in database format
    796440 Guru
    "Database format" is meaningless. Going by "file contain attribute and values and i must be able to retrieve it," http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html will meet your stated needs.
  • 2. Re: writing to file in database format
    user11357554 Newbie
    thank you for your reply . i want to use sql loader from java application to load database .
    I created the table in sql plus .then I tried to execute the application but it gives sql is invalid.
    Please can you tell me how to execute sql loader from java application .Thanks in advance
  • 3. Re: writing to file in database format
    796440 Guru
    user11357554 wrote:
    thank you for your reply . i want to use sql loader from java application
    What is "sql loader"?
    to load database .
    What do you mean "load database"?
    I created the table in sql plus .then I tried to execute the application but it gives sql is invalid.
    Then you have a bug in your code.
    Please can you tell me how to execute sql loader from java application .Thanks in advance
    I don't know what sql loader is, and i don't know what you mean by "executing" it. Are you talking about invoking an external process?

If you can't describe more clearly and precisely what you're trying to do and what exact problems you're having, nobody will be able to help you.
  • 4. Re: writing to file in database format
    jtahlborn Expert
    these are all oracle database tools.
  • 5. Re: writing to file in database format
    jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias Expert
    user11357554 wrote:
    thank you for your reply . i want to use sql loader from java application to load database .
    First there is a JDBC forum where questions like this would best be posted.

Java doesn't run SQL*Loader. Java however does run applications.

What the application does is what the application does. It has nothing to do with Java itself.

So if SQL*Loader is giving you an error then you need to look to the script that you are feeding it.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points