3 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2011 10:07 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Cannot connect to Oracle Discoverer Viewer

Dear All,

I have problem while executing Oracle Discoverer Viewer at http://localhost:9003/discoverer/viewer

A connection error.
      - error while creating the session, check for other errors.
      - oracle.discoiv.connections.ConnectionStoreException: While trying to lookup 'jdbc.disco_pstore' didn't find subcontext 'jdbc'. Resolved ''
      - While trying to lookup 'jdbc.disco_pstore' didn't find subcontext 'jdbc'. Resolved ''
      - While trying to lookup 'jdbc.disco_pstore' didn't find subcontext 'jdbc'. Resolved ''
      unable to retrieve connection list
      - Cannot retrieve connection list. Check the Discoverer application log for more details.

Will you show me the light how to solve this error?
      Thank you very much.

Regards,

-Ranubaya
        • 1. Re: Cannot connect to Oracle Discoverer Viewer
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Please mention the details of the application release, database version, OS and Discoverer version.

Was this working before? If yes, any changes have been done recently?
          I have problem while executing Oracle Discoverer Viewer at http://localhost:9003/discoverer/viewer
          Is localhost the correct hostname?
          - oracle.discoiv.connections.ConnectionStoreException: While trying to lookup 'jdbc.disco_pstore' didn't find subcontext 'jdbc'. Resolved ''
          Please see these docs.

Discoverer Fails With Oracle.Discoiv.Connections.ConnectionStoreException ORA-28000 [ID 427959.1]
          Discoverer 10.1.2 Public Connection Fails with Error: Exception Oracle.Discoiv.Connections.Connectionstoreexception [ID 364315.1]
          Using Database 11g As Metadata Returns "ORA-28001 The Password Has Expired" Attempting To Connect From Discoverer [ID 1145984.1]
          Creating Public Connection Errors With 'Cannot get a list of connections. IO exception: Connection reset' [ID 362264.1]
          Discoverer 10g (10.1.2) Intermittently Fails With 'Unable to retrieve connection list' [ID 392555.1]
          Connect To Discoverer Plus Or Viewer (Installed on AIX Server) Results In: No Process To Read Data Written To A Pipe [ID 561148.1]
          After Re-starting the Infrastructure Database Discoverer Public/Private Connections Fail With 'An error occurred while creating the session.' [ID 566179.1]
          Discoverer Plus/Viewer 11g Fails with the error: The Network Adapter Could Not Establish The Connection [ID 1262972.1]
          "Cannot retrieve connection list" Encountered on the Discoverer 11g Connection Page [ID 1317534.1]
          - Cannot retrieve connection list. Check the Discoverer application log for more details.
          Can you find any details about the error in the logs?

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Cannot connect to Oracle Discoverer Viewer
            - the application release, database version, OS and Discoverer version
            and I said, oracle fusion middleware 11.1.1.3, database version 11.1.0.7.0, Discover version 11.1.1.3.0

- Is localhost the correct hostname?
            and I said, yes ... this the correct hostname

In what directory I can find the logs?
            I'm running on windows server 2008

Regards,

-Ranubaya
            • 3. Re: Cannot connect to Oracle Discoverer Viewer
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              In what directory I can find the logs?
              I'm running on windows server 2008
              Please see these links.

Managing Log Files and Diagnostic Data
              http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17904_01/core.1111/e10105/logs.htm#ASADM215

Viewing and Searching Log Files
              http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17904_01/core.1111/e10105/logs.htm#ASADM218

Thanks,
              Hussein