1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2012 8:35 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
        Hi Hussein,

Again i got error in that driver patch....
        All workers are failed because This time the tablespace apps_ts_seed....cannot be extend
        Below the error message in adpatch
        Attention: fix the errors for workers then only manager can continue..

So i increased the tablespace by adding one file..
        when i try to check the status of the workers to restart it ....i used adctrl....it throws me the below message
        AD Controller error: Cannot open log file:

I am stuck here ..please help.

Regards
        Muthu
        • 16. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
          Hi Hussein,
          I managed to restart the worker.....
          sorry the issue , cause i was in the wrong directory which applmgr don't have permissions...

Regards
          Muthu
          • 17. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            when i try to check the status of the workers to restart it ....i used adctrl....it throws me the below message
            AD Controller error: Cannot open log file:
            What option you have selected? Do you get the same error for checking the workers status and/or restarting the failed worker(s)?

Can you query FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES table?

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 18. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
              check your swap memory
              • 19. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
                Hi Hussein,
                After solving so many issues.. i restarted my u6678700.drv for American English..
                When its almost going to finish (still 5500 jobs pending) , i came across zxaptrxmigupd.sql which runs for a long time.. still running...
                I googled Mos and find the below reference
                R12.1: zxaptrxmigupd.sql Is Running For The Last 41 Hours [ID 1091027.1]..

This doc advised to run pre-install patch...
                Now my question here is , if i want to run this patch..
                1.Do i need to terminate my already running adpatch session for u6678700.drv (which runs for almost 30 hrs ) ?
                2.If i terminate and run the pre-install patch and i start again the upgrade driver patch.. is it going to take for another 30 hrs to raach this stage?
                3.is there any work around for this?

Regards
                Muthu
                • 20. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Muthu,
                  When its almost going to finish (still 5500 jobs pending) , i came across zxaptrxmigupd.sql which runs for a long time.. still running...
                  I googled Mos and find the below reference
                  R12.1: zxaptrxmigupd.sql Is Running For The Last 41 Hours [ID 1091027.1]..
                  There are some other docs which could be applicable.

Performance Problem Running R12 Upgrade with ZXAPTRXMIGUPD.SQL [ID 605721.1]
                  zxaptrxmigupd.Sql Has a Performance Problem During 12.1.1 Upgrade [ID 1308586.1]
                  R12.1.1 Upgrade Driver U6678700.Drv Failing On ZXAPTRXMIGUPD.SQL [ID 860296.1]
                  1.Do i need to terminate my already running adpatch session for u6678700.drv (which runs for almost 30 hrs ) ?
                  Yes.
                  2.If i terminate and run the pre-install patch and i start again the upgrade driver patch.. is it going to take for another 30 hrs to raach this stage?
                  3.is there any work around for this?
                  There is a workaround to terminate the existing patch, apply the other patch, and run the first patch from the point where it failed -- See http://onlineappsdba.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-to-apply-11i-patch-when-adpatch-is.html for details.

Thanks,
                  Hussein

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 21. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
                    Hi Hussein ,

Thanks...

Now i successfully done with U6678700.drv ...

Now my next step is to run adautocfg on dbtier.....
                    what i have done is
                    1.source the /apps/apps_st/appl/APPSTEST_host.env file and run perl $AD_TOP/bin/admkappsutil.zip
                    2. copy the /inst/apps/context_name/admin/out/appsutil.zip to /db/tech_st/11.1.0/
                    3. unzip the appsutil.zip in db/tech_st/11.1.0/
                    4. set the environment variables as
                    ORACLE_HOME=/db/tech_st/11.1.0
                    ORACLE_SID=TEST
                    PATH,LD_LIBRARY_PATH and TNS_ADMIN as required.
                    5. run $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/bin/adbldxml.pl to generate context file...
                    it throws me error now..
                    +" incorrect environment file sourced....unset apps environment"+

what might be the cause of the issue ?

And one more thing...

I tried to start the 11.1.0 database.. it throws me ORA-00205 error...
                    when i checked the control file.. its pointing to /db/apps_st/data/control01.dbf,/db/apps_st/data/control02.dbf,/db/apps_st/data/control03.dbf
                    But i cannot find the the folder /db/apps_st...
                    db foider has only tech_st not the apps_st

Please help...

Regards
                    Muthu
                    • 22. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      it throws me error now..
                      +" incorrect environment file sourced....unset apps environment"+

what might be the cause of the issue ?
                      Please see (R12 adbldxml.pl AutoConfig Tool to Generate the Context File on the Database Tier [ID 1079053.1]).
                      I tried to start the 11.1.0 database.. it throws me ORA-00205 error...
                      when i checked the control file.. its pointing to /db/apps_st/data/control01.dbf,/db/apps_st/data/control02.dbf,/db/apps_st/data/control03.dbf
                      But i cannot find the the folder /db/apps_st...
                      db foider has only tech_st not the apps_st
                      Make sure the location of the controlfiles is correct in the pfile. Also, please search MOS for ORA-00205 and go through the docs.

Thanks,
                      Hussein
                      • 23. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
                        ok Hussein .. i will check ..
                        Btw , is there should be two folders (apps_st,tech_st) under db folder of R12?

I have only one folder tech_st..

Regards
                        Muthu
                        • 24. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          Btw , is there should be two folders (apps_st,tech_st) under db folder of R12?
                          Correct.

Oracle Applications Concepts -- Page 2-2
                          http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B53825_03/current/acrobat/121oacg.pdf

Thanks,
                          Hussein
                          • 25. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
                            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                            1. But in the db folder , i have only tech_st ... don't have apps_st..
                            Please upload the installation log file to any hosting website and post the link here.
                            2. when in trying to apply the R12 Minipack , i source R12 environment file and run adpatch , it prompts me for the system password..
                            Here the error is ORA-12157 TNS inernal network communication error.
                            Was the database listener created successfully? What is the status of the database listener? If it is down, bring it up and post the error you get here.

Thanks,
                            Hussein
                            • 26. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
                              Hi Hussein ,

Sorry for creating an additional thread ...

1.where i can find the install log file...?
                              2.when i try to start the listner in 11.1.0

TNS-01150: The address of the specified listener name is incorrect
                              TNS-01153: Failed to process string: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=finr12test.test.com)(PORT=1524)))

Thanks Hussein

Regards
                              Muthu
                              • 27. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                1.where i can find the install log file...?
                                How to locate the log files and troubleshoot RapidWiz for R12 [ID 452120.1]
                                2.when i try to start the listner in 11.1.0

TNS-01150: The address of the specified listener name is incorrect
                                TNS-01153: Failed to process string: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=finr12test.test.com)(PORT=1524)))
                                Please post the entry you have in the hosts file along with the contents of listener.ora file.

Thanks,
                                Hussein
                                • 28. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
                                  Hi Hussein,
                                  1.please download the install log file from
                                  https://rapidshare.com/files/314730307/05302308.log
                                  2.*Hosts File entry*
                                  127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
                                  132.147.150.35 finr12test.test.com finr12test

Listner.ora file under 11.1.0
                                  TEST =
                                  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
                                  (DESCRIPTION =
                                  (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = finr12test.test.com)(PORT = 1524))
                                  )
                                  )

SID_LIST_TEST =
                                  (SID_LIST =
                                  (SID_DESC =
                                  (ORACLE_HOME= /oracle/appl/db/tech_st/11.1.0)
                                  (SID_NAME = TEST)
                                  )
                                  )

STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_TEST = 0
                                  CONNECT_TIMEOUT_TEST = 10
                                  TRACE_LEVEL_TEST = OFF

LOG_DIRECTORY_TEST = /oracle/appl/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin
                                  LOG_FILE_TEST = TEST
                                  TRACE_DIRECTORY_TEST = /oracle/appl/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin
                                  TRACE_FILE_TEST = TEST
                                  ADMIN_RESTRICTIONS_TEST = OFF
                                  SUBSCRIBE_FOR_NODE_DOWN_EVENT_TEST = OFF

Hussein...fyi,
                                  Previosuly i was in 10.2.03 before upgrade to R12.1.1..
                                  Now when i try to start the listener from 10.2.0.3 .. its starting....
                                  but when i try from 11.1.0.. its not starting

Regards
                                  Muthu
                                  • 29. Re: Adpatch failed for u6678700.drv
                                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                    Muthu,
                                    1.please download the install log file from
                                    https://rapidshare.com/files/314730307/05302308.log
                                    I see this error in the log file:

Attempting upload of Context file and templates to database...ERROR: InDbCtxFile.uploadCtx() : Exception : Error executng BEGIN fnd_gsm_util.upload_context_file(:1,:2,:3,:4,:5); END;: 1; The element reports_port is missing from the context file /oracle/appl/inst/apps/TEST_finr12test/appl/admin/TEST_finr12test.xml. The context file upload will not continue.

For this issue, please see (Indbctxfile.Uploadctx() Exception During A Rapidwiz Upgrade To 12.1.1 - reports_port is Missing [ID 1112613.1]).
                                    Previosuly i was in 10.2.03 before upgrade to R12.1.1..
                                    Now when i try to start the listener from 10.2.0.3 .. its starting....
                                    but when i try from 11.1.0.. its not starting
                                    What if you copy the listener.ora from the 10g ORACLE_HOME to 11g ORACLE_HOME, and edit the entries which point to the old ORACLE_HOME and make it point to the new ORACLE_HOME, can you bring the listener up then?

Thanks,
                                    Hussein