This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2011 1:55 AM by 785507 RSS

Combining data from accounts and opportunities

785507 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear CRM on Demand gurus,

I have a rather pressing issue that I can't solve on my own.

The problem:

I have created a customed field (picklist) under Account called Industry Practice.
The business has asked me to create a list or a report that displays all the opportunities that are related to Industry Practice (via Account).

I already figured out that it is not possible with a simple list, so I'm probably have going to use (combined) reporting.

There I have selected both Accounts and Opportunities as a criteria together with the IP and Opportunity Name field.
The result column is the picklist but I'm not able to select the opportunity name under "Add result Column".

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can correct it?

Many thanks in advance!

P.s. I included also a screenshot. This can make my explanation maybe a little bit more clearer. http://i.imgur.com/gm1Xa.jpg

Edited by: HelpNeeded on 25-May-2011 06:26

Edited by: HelpNeeded on 25-May-2011 06:27
  • 1. Re: Combining data from accounts and opportunities
    Jono (CRMNow) Pro
    Dont use Combined Reporting you just simply need to create a Opportunity Report. PLEASE note that sometimes when you create a new field and or picklist values this can sometimes take up to 24 hours to appear in reporting.
  • 2. Re: Combining data from accounts and opportunities
    785507 Newbie
    Thank you!

I went to the opportunity reports and just to test i tried loading a list of all the opportunity names. I checked also if Opportunity Name was a field and if it was filled in everywhere. This was ok.
    But when I try to load the data it says that there is no data available. With accounts and contacts I have no issues. There, I can create lists and reports without problems. It is just hte opportunities that doesn't show data.

Again, I provided a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/SkrST.jpg
  • 3. Re: Combining data from accounts and opportunities
    Jono (CRMNow) Pro
    Try this.

*Using the Quick Create on the left hand side of the screen create another Opportunity
    *Once you have created this opportunity you should see the Opportunity on the left hand side of the screen in recently viewed
    *Click on the Opportunity and open this again.
    *Verify that you have access to view the Opportunity still
    *If you can still see the Opportunity click on the Opportunity Screen
    *Click on My Oppportunities verify that all your Opportunities appear within a list view
    *Confirm that you can perform the above infomation

Feel Free to email me view my Profile for details of email address.
    Jonathan
  • 4. Re: Combining data from accounts and opportunities
    785507 Newbie
    *Using the Quick Create on the left hand side of the screen create another Opportunity - CHECK
    *Once you have created this opportunity you should see the Opportunity on the left hand side of the screen in recently viewed - CHECK
    *Click on the Opportunity and open this again.  - CHECK
    *Verify that you have access to view the Opportunity still - CHECK
    *If you can still see the Opportunity click on the Opportunity Screen - CHECK
    *Click on My Oppportunities verify that all your Opportunities appear within a list view - CHECK
    *Confirm that you can perform the above infomation - CHECK

I've done everything you suggested and everything works like it should be.

Edited by: HelpNeeded on 27-May-2011 01:55

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points