This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2013 4:01 PM by 58899b4a-2b76-4988-a1e1-abc5d0510af7 RSS

Dynamic Region Title

864430 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I'm attempting to create a generic survey like application that can have a number of possible questions and instructions. I would also like for the region title of certain regions to be dynamic, or rather equaling the value of some item on the page. I did some digging on Google and found that this was apparently possible in Apex 3, but I'm currently working in Apex 4. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Dynamic Region Title
    fac586 Guru
    I would also like for the region title of certain regions to be dynamic, or rather equaling the value of some item on the page. I did some digging on Google and found that this was apparently possible in Apex 3, but I'm currently working in Apex 4.
    What makes you think that these methods don't work in APEX 4.0? Did you try them?

Use the static text exact substitution method to reference the value of the page item in the region title attribute:
    &P1_TITLE.
    Ensure the page item value is set before the titled region is rendered (e.g. using a Before Header Computation).
  • 2. Re: Dynamic Region Title
    860960 Newbie
    I tried this in Application Express 4.0.2.00.07 and it works
  • 3. Re: Dynamic Region Title
    Chandran Newbie
    Could you please give a sample code
  • 4. Re: Dynamic Region Title
    jozef_SVK Journeyer
    Hi,
    Here is the example.

Type something like: "Order &P4_ORDER_NR." to the TITLE of the region.
    - if item P4_ORDER_NR has value of 01/2012 then the Region Title will be "Order 01/2012".

Regards
    J :D
  • 5. Re: Dynamic Region Title
    917318 Newbie
    jozef_SVK wrote:
    Hi,
    Here is the example.

Type something like: "Order &P4_ORDER_NR." to the TITLE of the region.
    - if item P4_ORDER_NR has value of 01/2012 then the Region Title will be "Order 01/2012".

Regards
    J :D
    Hi,

I've tried to handle item value. and I got a problem.

If I use Region Title: Role Description: &P4_POSITION_ID. - it shows : Role Description: 2
    but when I inserted Region Title: Role Description: &P4_POSITION. it shows only Role Description:.

where P4_POSITION_ID - is Database column with source Position_ID
    while P4_POSITION - is SQL query with source select e.POSITION_NAME from POSITION e where e.POSITION_ID = :P4_POSITION_ID

As I understand problem is when page is loaded P4_POSITION_ID item handle value, but P4_POSITION is empty.
    but how to solve it?
  • 6. Re: Dynamic Region Title
    968013 Newbie
    When does the following code executes on your page?

while P4_POSITION - is SQL query with source select e.POSITION_NAME from POSITION e where e.POSITION_ID = :P4_POSITION_ID

Thanks
    Pradeep

(I changed my handle but it's still displaying the number !!!!)

Edited by: 965010 on Oct 12, 2012 7:31 AM
  • 7. Re: Dynamic Region Title
    917318 Newbie
    Deep_in_Texas wrote:
    When does the following code executes on your page?

Thanks
    Pradeep

(I changed my handle but it's still displaying the number !!!!)

Edited by: 965010 on Oct 12, 2012 7:31 AM
    I don't know when it is executed. I've just created page item P4_POSITION and made it as SQL query.

Actually, value in the P4_POSITION_ID item is from POSITION_ID in EMPLOYEE table, which contains primary key EMPLOYEE_ID and has foreign key - POSITION_ID,
    POSITION_ID is a primary key of POSITION table, which contains POSITION_NAME.

What I made is I created link from page 3 using EMPLOYEE_ID to redirect to page 4. There are all items in the page 4, which are in the EMPLOYEE table. But I need to show POSITION_NAME from POSITION table. So I created page item P4_POSITION as I mentioned before.

Do I need to create dinamic action or process before handling Region title?
  • 8. Re: Dynamic Region Title
    58899b4a-2b76-4988-a1e1-abc5d0510af7 Newbie

The value for the item you wish to include in the title must be set at "Before Header" execution point (or earlier). If you're using an automated row fetch, I think you can simply move the row fetch process to the "Before Header" execution point.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points