4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2011 12:14 PM by 642338

Settings Not Being Migrated

Hi All

I've tried to search the forum on this but can't find an answer, hoping someone can help me.

The test team at my client are complaining that some of the Application, Intregration and Configuration settings in the test environments that we migrated to last week are not as stated in our design. I have checked on our Dev environment and the settings are all as per our design.

I have looked in more detail at the export and import screens in the workbench and cannot see that you are able to specifically select these to export or import. Unfortunately the export file is too big to open and view to see whether it is there by default.

Does anyone know whether these settings are exported/imported when migrating the application xml file?

Thanks
      Stuart
        • 1. Re: Settings Not Being Migrated
          LarryR
          In have noticed that, in our environment, the "Use Custom Period Description" option is never exported and imported properly. I never investigated to determine whether or not it exists in the exported file. For us, that is the only option that does not carry forward. Ours is also a 9.3.1 environment.
          • 2. Re: Settings Not Being Migrated
            beyerch2
            The 'File Encoding' setting in the 'Configuration Settings' are does not migrate for us. It's the last item to scroll through and the first time I found this was the first time I ever tried to migrate our production FDM app to Dev. That was annoying to hunt down...... (NOTE: This is 9.3.1)
            • 3. Re: Settings Not Being Migrated
              JeffJon
              The integration settings are included with the adapter when the adapter is exported to XML, the configuration settings are not migrated with an XML Extract and the application settings should be migrated, but you will need to double-check.
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Settings Not Being Migrated
                Hi All

We have done some further testing now so I thought I would post back our findings in case they are helpful to anyone in future:

1. Settings that you manage via the 'Application Settings' menu option in the FDM web client ARE NOT+* migrated via XML export

2. Settings that you manage via the 'Integration Settings' menu option in the FDM web client ARE* migrated via XML export (provided you select to export the adapter(s))

3. Settings that you manage via the 'Configuration Settings' menu option in FDM web client ARE NOT+* migrated via XML export

Hope this helps
                Stuart