2 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2011 4:58 PM by user12100209 RSS

Database Vault explicit forums

Hi gurus,

Is there an explicit forums for Database Vault or I should post my thread about that here?

thank you.
        • 1. Re: Database Vault explicit forums
          Peter Wahl-Oracle
          There isn't a specific one for DBVault ... please post here.

• 2. Re: Database Vault explicit forums

As Oracle Database Vault guide when I need to export (expdp) some objects protected by a realm I need to do three things:

1-I must include the user that will do the export job into the default dictionary realm
            2-I must include that user into the realm that protects the object I have to export during the export time
            3-If I have to do an import (impdp) that user must have the database vault default role that allow create,drop and alter users. Right now I do not remember the role name.

So I do not want to do the export job using sys account that why I create a new user and granted it the datapump_exp_full_database and of course I did the three things I related with the realm. However when I do the export it end with fatal error due to realm violation. Also if I include sys user into the realm too, and later do the export with the second user (not sys), the job end ok.

Nota: With the second user I can export any object that are not protected by any realm.

I do not know what happen.