2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2011 5:36 AM by user021

How to import an other item line for same po requisition after correction

user021
      I have inserted two line in interface table, after running request "Requisition Import", system have import one row successfully and an other record raised error, now after giving correct item number and running again same request to import an other row, which raised error previously but system not generating an other for the same requisition and raising error as mentioned below.

The requisition number is in use

Cause: You entered a requisition number that is in use.

Action: Enter a unique requisition number.

Cause: The requisition number that was derived is in use.

Action: Delete the requisition number.

--regard                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
        • 1. Re: How to import an other item line for same po requisition after correction
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          Did you check the Purchasing Option setup (Navigation: Purchasing>Setup>Organizations>Purchasing Options) ? Chek these 3 values

1) Requisition Number ==> Automatic/Manual
          2) Requisition Number Type ==> Numeric/Alphanumeric
          3) Next Number ==> It's basically a sequence number

We believe in your case Requisition Number you are reffering in the interface program is already generated and in use. You can use the next Req. number.

Kind Regards,
          S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: How to import an other item line for same po requisition after correction
            user021
            Thanks for reply,

In my case, i have two line against one requisition, suppose i have insert two line in my interface table with same requisition number in (segment1) 300,and having tow different line item (1,2), then we executed import requisition program system import one row(item=1) and item(2) was an error, while i have checked system has generated requistion no 300 with one item line, the i corrected item =2, and re-import the but system raise error, requisition number is already exists, but this line pertain requisition number 300,

so, how could i re-import an other lines in case of first line inserting successfully,

--thanks