This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2013 2:05 AM by fc098e49-bd0f-4b9b-9eca-d742fbb0fe2b RSS

Number Format of sum() Function in Data Definition

591371 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I'm using the XML Publisher shipped with E-Business Suite and I have a problem when it comes to using the sum() function within the data structure section of the data definition.

The number values normally have '.' as a decimal sign but when I use the sum() function the numbers of those elements (and only those) have a ',' as the decimal sign in the output. I.e. I'm ending up with a XML output that contains some fields with '.' as decimal sign and some fields that have ',' as decimal sign.

Here is what my data definition looks like, the ACCOUNTED_DR/CR values are from a database query that returns a value of type number:
<group name="BALANCE_CCID" source = "Q_JELINES">
             <element name="PERIOD_NET_DR" value="JELINE_ROW.ACCOUNTED_DR" function="SUM()"/>
             <element name="PERIOD_NET_CR" value="JELINE_ROW.ACCOUNTED_CR" function="SUM()"/>
             <group name="JELINE_ROW" source="Q_JELINES">
                 <element name="ACCOUNTED_DR" value="ACCOUNTED_DR"/>
                 <element name="ACCOUNTED_CR" value="ACCOUNTED_CR"/>
             </group>
</group>
And here are the corresponding parts in the output:
<LIST_BALANCE_CCID>
  <BALANCE_CCID>
    <JELINE_ROW>
      <ACCOUNTED_DR>3.65</ACCOUNTED_DR>
      <ACCOUNTED_CR/>
      <ACCOUNTED_DR>4.21</ACCOUNTED_DR>
      <ACCOUNTED_CR/>
    </JELINE_ROW>
    <PERIOD_NET_DR>10359,41</PERIOD_NET_DR>
    <PERIOD_NET_CR>0</PERIOD_NET_CR>
  </BALANCE_CCID>
</LIST_BALANCE_CCID>
Does somebody know how to work around this and get same decimal signs for all numbers in the output?

Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points