2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2011 7:42 PM by 860285

Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess error on server

I have been building a.NET application on my local Machine Windows 7 and have the 32-bit ODT installed on my machine which works nicely with VS 2010.

I placed it on the server and when I open the page that accesses data from Oracle, I get the below error. Both the server and my local computer have the Oracle.DataAccess
      dll installed and both have the same public token 89b483f429c47342. I changed the target CPU from Any CPU to x86 and published a Release build of my project to the server.

Why am I getting the below error?

==========================================================================================================
      Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=4.112.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=4.112.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=4.112.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
      To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
      Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
      To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=4.112.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
      antac.dashboard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\George\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\antac\antac\dashboard.aspx.cs:92
      System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
      System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
      System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1