2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2011 3:09 AM by 838458 RSS

how can we handle browser settings while dealing with the security ?

Hi ,

how can we handle browser settings while dealing with the security ?When we configured security in web.xml , during the first request the container is asking for the authentication credentials once they are provided it go's on. but when the user gives a fresh request from the second window within the same browser that time it is not asking for authentication. How can we overcome this.Is there anything to do with server configurations?

How can we make the container no to keep the things or act like session?
        • 1. Re: how can we handle browser settings while dealing with the security ?
          gimbal2
          There is no "overcoming" it; this is expected behavior. A second window of the same browser will not be separated from the first, both instances will share sessions, cookies and apparently also basic authentication user credentials. There is no controlling that as it is simply a browser feature.

Is there a specific reason why you think this is a problem?
          • 2. Re: how can we handle browser settings while dealing with the security ?
            Ya... I am taking a small example need not happen always but a kind of possibility i am thinking off.

once the user sign out and just left without closing the browser and a friend (suppose not a good friend ... just kidding...) of that user may open the same jsp or file .This time the security is breached. If that feature or property exists....

I know what you might say ... the user will log-out before leaving where a programer might invalidate the session at the time of log out.

Consider the case of a bad Programing or just a programer might forget to invalidate,At that time as a application administrator how can he solve that issue.

Thanks.......

Edited by: user8483670 on Jun 6, 2011 1:08 AM

Edited by: user8483670 on Jun 6, 2011 1:09 AM