This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2011 4:43 AM by gimbal2 RSS

Download Java EE SDK question

866639 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

Is there anyway of installing the Java EE SDK without installing glassfish?

This automatic download and configure is no doubt lovely if you want to use that server, but my book used JBoss. I really am finding all this bundling of software very frustrating

Simon
  • 1. Re: Download Java EE SDK question
    handat Expert
    Your understanding is flawed here. Glassfish is an implementation of Java EE so it needs to be installed if you are installing Sun/Oracle's reference implementation of Java EE. Java SE + Glassfish = Java EE. JBoss is another implementation of Java EE. What you probably want is install Java SE SDK + JBoss.
  • 2. Re: Download Java EE SDK question
    gimbal2 Guru
    user13597475 wrote:
    Hi

Is there anyway of installing the Java EE SDK without installing glassfish?

This automatic download and configure is no doubt lovely if you want to use that server, but my book used JBoss. I really am finding all this bundling of software very frustrating

Simon
    So don't download bundled software. Download the JDK, download JBoss and get going.

The fact that you don't know this is an indication that you don't know the basics of Java yet, or not well at least. If this is true, I would strongly recommend that you put away your book for now and take at least 10 giant steps back. Start at the beginning: learn Java and the basic tools. If you don't every fortune cookie you will crack open will tell you that you are on the path to madness.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points