5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2011 1:39 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

iSetup

Rakesh
      We need to migrate our BR100 Setup from one instacne to another. But there is no physical connectivity between those two servers.hence not able to follow the isetup as a whole.

So what we are planning to do is extract the XMLs from soure and download it to local machine andftp these to target upoad these in target insatcne and then upload somehow(may be using isetup).

Can anyone please help here?

Regards,
      Rakesh
        • 1. Re: iSetup
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl post details of OS, database and EBS versions.

iSetup uses FNDLOAD behind the scenes. You can download setups in the source instance to ldt files, copy the ldt files to the target instance and upload them on the target.

Tips About FNDLOAD (Doc ID 735338.1)

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: iSetup
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            So what we are planning to do is extract the XMLs from soure and download it to local machine andftp these to target upoad these in target insatcne and then upload somehow(may be using isetup).
            What are those XML files you want to migrate?
            Can anyone please help here?
            Please see if these docs help.

How to Troubleshoot iSetup issues [ID 560719.1] -- 3. Extract and Load Issues
            Isetup List Of Mandatory Patches For R12 [ID 811040.1]
            Is It Possible To Use FNDLOAD To Migrate Configurations Or Data To Another Instance? [ID 1316916.1]
            iSetup Mandatory Patches post 12.1.1 [ID 857551.1]
            How to migrate your own profiles along with values [ID 820693.1]

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 3. Re: iSetup
              Rakesh
              We will use isetup extractor to extract the setups as XML. then upload it to the target instance and then load.

i have tested this in one single instacne where I ,first extrcted the XML(selection set Currency only),Changed the description for one of the currency in the instacne, then loaded the same extrct which changed the set up to original value.

But my question is can we now directly upload this XML to another insatcne and then load witout changing anything in the XML?

Regards,
              Rakesh
              • 4. Re: iSetup
                Rakesh
                hi,

When i extracted the set up using I setup ,It only gave me xml files in a zipped format but not ldts. So can you please elaborate?

regards,
                Rakesh
                • 5. Re: iSetup
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  But my question is can we now directly upload this XML to another insatcne and then load witout changing anything in the XML?
                  If want to change the setup you will have to edit the XML file. If the same setup need to be migrate then you do not need to edit the file before uploading it to the target instance.

Thanks,
                  Hussein