5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2011 11:28 AM by Udo

Glassfish and Listener error : HTTP Status 500 - System Unavailable.

Hello,

I 've some problem. When i'm working in workspace and develope my application everything fine, but when i try to run it , i have this :

HTTP Status 500 - System Unavailable. Please try again later.
      type Status report
      messageSystem Unavailable. Please try again later.
      descriptionThe server encountered an internal error (System Unavailable. Please try again later.) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
      Oracle GlassFish Server 3.1

After refreshing, page work fine , but every actions in application have this problem. Well, users can't work normaly with my application.
      Please help me with this problem.
      I use Oracle 10g , Apex 4.0 , Glassfish 3.1, redhat 5

Sorry for my bad english.

Egor Karmanov.

Edited by: 843328 on 07.06.2011 1:58
        • 1. Re: Glassfish and Listener error : HTTP Status 500 - System Unavailable.
          Udo
          Hello Egor,

seems your Listener can't open a new session. Can you provide the stack trace from the applications (or perhaps global GlassFish) log file and your Listener settings? The most relevant parameters are written into the logfile as well when the application starts up.

-Udo
          • 2. Re: Glassfish and Listener error : HTTP Status 500 - System Unavailable.
            Hello Udo , thanks for your answer.

Glassfish log is available by this link :
            http://turbobit.net/d1snwandd9a0.html

- Egor Karmanov

Edited by: 843328 on 07.06.2011 3:06

Edited by: 843328 on 07.06.2011 3:08
            • 3. Re: Glassfish and Listener error : HTTP Status 500 - System Unavailable.
              Udo
              Hello Egor,

<ol><li>I see one error that seems to occur often on your server:
              ORA-20867: ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified
              ORA-02063: preceding line from WWW
              ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SESSION", line 153
              ORA-06512: at "APEX_040000.WWV_FLOW_LANG", line 387
              ORA-06512: at "APEX_040000.WWV_FLOW", line 9328
              ORA-06512: at "APEX_040000.F", line 267
              ORA-06512: at "APEX_040000.F", line 294
              ORA-06512: at line 2
              Probably you have some unsupported language or characterset configured for your application or APEX instance as default, which is not taken when you login to your application builder.
              </li>
              <li>What I see from your log as well: You still use APEX Listener version : 1.1.0.60.10.38, I'd recommend to update to the current 1.1.2 release.
              </li>
              <li>I see some other errors and warnings in your log, e.g.
              WARNING|oracle-glassfish3.1|org.apache.catalina.connector.Request|_ThreadID=20;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|PWC4011: Unable to set request character encoding to UTF-8 from context /apex, because request parameters have already been read, or ServletRequest.getReader() has already been called
              and
              SEVERE|oracle-glassfish3.1|org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester|_ThreadID=10;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|Digester.getParser: 
              javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: The XDK supports only namespace-aware parsers.
              [...]
              The warning can easily be ignored. I'd recommend to disable it to make keep your log file smaller and clear. See the [url http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqWebAppUnableToSetRequestCharEncoding]GlassFish FAQ for that warning.
              The severe error is more interesting. There seems to be a problem concerning the XML parser, probably due to a library conflict. There was a thread on a similar issue concerning Tomcat ({thread:id=2174509}), but possibly such things can happen on GlassFish as well, especially when you have installed some global libraries. As you can see in the Tomcat-Thread, removing xmlparserv2-11.2.0.jar from +\apex\WEB-INF\lib+ solved the problem there.
              </li>
              </ol>

I hope these points help you to solve your problem. If not, can you post some additional information about your NLS/LC settings in GlassFish/Java/APEX environments?

-Udo
              • 4. Re: Glassfish and Listener error : HTTP Status 500 - System Unavailable.
                Hello Udo

Thanks a lot for you help!!

I'm newbie in Apex. Where i can see my NLS/LC settings ?

I'm upgrade listener to 1.1.2 ,remove xmlparserv2-11.2.0.jar, but problem doesn't gone ((

Sorry for my bad english.

Egor Karmanov.
                • 5. Re: Glassfish and Listener error : HTTP Status 500 - System Unavailable.
                  Udo
                  Hello Egor,

don't worry too much about your English - mine isn't perfect either, but as long as you are understood, everything is fine. ;)

Back to your problem:
                  Where i can see my NLS/LC settings ?
                  First, you could display the current locale setting by executing
                  locale
                  and review additional settings with
                  env | grep -E "LC|NLS"
                  If you didn't change anything regarding NLS parameters, your GlassFish will still be configured with UTF-8, so there would be no need to check.
                  You can set additional parameters in your application or globally for you APEX installation. But if you changed or configured anything there, you'd probably know where to look for it. ;)

-Udo