1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 9, 2011 2:05 PM by jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias RSS

New Java SE JDK kit 6 version 26 does NOT install

Firstly, if this is in the wrong forum location I appologise. This seemed to be the most appropriate place.

Here is the background...for the last week or so I had been troubleshooting an issue with getting the Java JDK to work in eclipse. I was getting an Error when loading Eclipse which would not let it load at all. I had tried many things and the best answer I could find on the internet was that Oracle and Eclipse were notorious for having versions of the JDK that simply would not work in Eclipse. I don't know which side had the issue but regardless I deleted kit 6 version 25 today when I saw they just released version 26. My hope was that the issue was fixed in this version.

Upon downloading the JDK and attempting to install it, I can't even finish the installation without an error (!!!!). The error says exactly this...

Java Setup

Error 1723.There is a problem with this Windows
      Installer package. A DLL required for this install to
      complete could not be run. Contact your support
      personnel or package vendor.

I can't even get the darn thing to finish the install. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Maybe tell me what DLL file is missing that I need to install and where I can get it and where to install it? I literally just bought this laptop this week and the ONLY thing I have done with it so far is installed eclipse and this JDK, nothing else. It's got 64 bit windows 7. Seems that if a brand new factory default dell computer can't install the JDK from the download on the Oracle website that perhaps the download version has an issue? Any ideas? Is there a support email/phone at Oracle that I can contact or is this it?

Thank you for any help you can provide.