6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2011 12:49 AM by EJP RSS

simple B+Tree javacode

hey guys
      does any one have code for B+Trees?
      i've spent a couple of days and i've been unsuccessful doing it myself or fiding a refrence code that helps

Edited by: Zeinab on Jun 8, 2011 10:40 PM
        • 1. Re: simple B+Tree javacode
          Zeinab wrote:
          hey guys
          does any one have code for B+Trees?
          This site is not a coding service. It's for helping people learn Java.
          i've spent a couple of days and i've been unsuccessful doing it myself or fiding a refrence code that helps
          So show what you've tried and explain clearly and precisely what specific problems you're having.

Make sure to use code tags: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=1429
          • 2. Re: simple B+Tree javacode
            EJP
            simple B+Tree javacode
            There is no such thing as 'simple B+ tree code'. It takes hundreds of lines of code. You won't find it in a forum. It is commercially valuable, at least it was when I wrote mine, and comes with a price tag.

It is also obsolete. Use a database, they have all this stuff built in, and absolutely tons of added value.
            • 3. Re: simple B+Tree javacode
              oh, i didn't know
              does mysql have such a thing?
              • 4. Re: simple B+Tree javacode
                EJP
                I suspect every database product in existence would have a highly optimized B+-tree indexing system. Counterexampls welcome.
                • 5. Re: simple B+Tree javacode
                  i searched but didnt find such a database with built in bplus tree
                  it seems they've just b tree built in
                  can any one help?
                  i wanna know to write it myself or not
                  thx
                  • 6. Re: simple B+Tree javacode
                    EJP
                    They will almost certainly be B+-trees despite what it says. B-Trees aren't actually that much use as their sequential access performance is terrible.