4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2011 8:17 PM by 801574 RSS

jmf streaming from ip camera using rtsp

hello everybody

i'm trying to create a player that reads rtsp video from an ip camera using jmf , and i'm facing problems doing this.
      - Using a processor i have this erreor:

Received event javax.media.TransitionEvent[source=com.sun.media.processor.rtsp.Handler@f47396,previous=Unrealized,current=Configuring,target=Configured]
      Exception in thread "JMF thread: com.sun.media.processor.rtsp.Handler@f47396[ com.sun.media.processor.rtsp.Handler@f47396 ] ( configureThread)" java.lang.NullPointerException
           at com.sun.media.processor.rtsp.Handler.closeSessions(Handler.java:266)
           at com.sun.media.processor.rtsp.Handler.doFailedConfigure(Handler.java:259)
           at com.sun.media.ConfigureWorkThread.failed(BasicController.java:1382)
           at com.sun.media.StateTransitionWorkThread.run(BasicController.java:1346)

- And Using a Player without medialocator:

javax.media.ResourceUnavailableEvent[source=com.sun.media.content.rtsp.Handler@1a116c9,message=Failed to realize: Message from RTSP Server - Not found]

- And Using a Player with medialocator:

Received event javax.media.TransitionEvent[source=com.sun.media.content.rtsp.Handler@1e2ca7,previous=Unrealized,current=Realizing,target=Started]
      bandwidth info: AS:0
      bandwidth info: AS:13
      Exception in thread "JMF thread: com.sun.media.content.rtsp.Handler@1e2ca7[ com.sun.media.content.rtsp.Handler@1e2ca7 ] ( realizeThread)" java.lang.NumberFormatException: empty String
           at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.Double.valueOf(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.Double.<init>(Unknown Source)
           at com.sun.media.content.rtsp.RtspUtil.setDuration(RtspUtil.java:521)
           at com.sun.media.content.rtsp.RtspUtil.rtspSetup(RtspUtil.java:168)
           at com.sun.media.content.rtsp.Handler.initRtspSession(Handler.java:117)
           at com.sun.media.content.rtsp.Handler.doRealize(Handler.java:84)
           at com.sun.media.RealizeWorkThread.process(BasicController.java:1400)
           at com.sun.media.StateTransitionWorkThread.run(BasicController.java:1339)

Please help,

Edited by: 865261 on 11 juin 2011 10:15
        • 1. Re: jmf streaming from ip camera using rtsp
          captfoss
          865261 wrote:
          Please help,
          Not entirely sure what the hell you meant by "without a medialocator", but it just sounds to me like the RTSP server isn't using a version of the RTSP protocol that JMF is compatible with.

So you probably can't use JMF with it unless you code your own DataSource to initiate the transfer.
          • 2. Re: jmf streaming from ip camera using rtsp
            Hello,
            first thank you very much for your reply and interest.
            I've never created a cutom datasource for rtsp. i've created one for local files by extending a PullDataSource
            but for rtsp i really have no idea how to do it. so please if you have a link or a first step to do it.

thanks very much
            • 3. Re: jmf streaming from ip camera using rtsp
              captfoss
              865261 wrote:
              but for rtsp i really have no idea how to do it. so please if you have a link or a first step to do it.
              I don't have any clue how you'd go about doing that. I'd recommend you read my response on the other thread before you worry about it, and I'd also recommend not posting 2 threads about the same issue in the future.
              • 4. Re: jmf streaming from ip camera using rtsp
                Hello,

I am doing the exact same thing! I have an rtsp stream from an IP camera, and I'm trying to play it using JMF. Have you made any headway on this? Maybe you can send me your code and we can figure it out together? Or if you have something that works could you please enlighten me?

Thanks,
                Lukas