This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2011 12:08 PM by 866298 RSS

How to install my application in a Windows Mobile device

866298 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have JavaFX installed in my HTC HD2 device and a working application in my computer. After launching JavaFX in the mobile device, from its "Menu", you may add a "New Application" "From Internet" or "From Storage". But it's pretty uncomfortable, since the only thing you can do is typing the whole path, instead of browsing your files.

I have no idea how to reach my SD card and the app inside it, and I have not been able to find how to install an application in the documentation. Could anybody point me in the right direction? Some documentation would be nice, but knowing the path format would also be useful (and the exact file I'm looking for. Is it a .class or the verified .fxc?) Thanks!

Edited by: Notnasiul on 13-jun-2011 15:09
  • 1. Re: How to install my application in a Windows Mobile device
    866298 Newbie
    Um ok, I just uploaded the .jar and .jad files in the SD card, found them with the file browser and simply clicked on the jad file to install it. But I get an error: "Install error: Application cannot be installed because critical information between the website and the application file does not match". Uh? I'll keep trying...
  • 2. Re: How to install my application in a Windows Mobile device
    866298 Newbie
    I have also tried downloading it from my own web server from the device's browser. I locate the .jad file and it tries to install it, connects, asks me for the installation folder (say Root) and then I get the error "The application file (.jar) for DayNight (my application) does not appear to be the correct type. Contact the application provider for more information"

But I'm the application provider, and I am not useful in this case... any clue?
  • 3. Re: How to install my application in a Windows Mobile device
    866298 Newbie
    Ok, new error: "application is not designed to work with this device and cannot be installed" But I have no idea how to 'design the application for this device'. Being the device an HTC HD2 with Windows Mobile.

:'(
  • 4. Re: How to install my application in a Windows Mobile device
    866298 Newbie
    I can't believe this. Windows Mobile exists just for JavaFX 1.2, but as the default button when I downloaded JavaFX (before 2.0) was the 1.3 version, I've been trying to install a JavaFX 1.3 application on the JavaFX 1.2 Windows Mobile version. So it didn't work.

Now I have almost everything created for JavaFX 1.3, because I used Netbeans 6.9.1 to create the scene, all content and many designStates. For some reason the way Netbeans 6.9.1 creates all that doesn't work right out of the box in JavaFX 1.2, so for example

public-read def scene: javafx.scene.Scene = javafx.scene.Scene {
    width: 480.0
    height: 800.0
    content: getDesignRootNodes ()
    // camera: null
    cursor: null
    }

(note that camera doesn't seem to exist in 1.2) can't retrieve its content from getDesignRootNodes(). But this is a different problem, the original one has been answered :)

Or much better: : (

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points