Deployment Plan Problem

robert224810 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I have a deployment plan as follows:
<DeploymentPlan component="TEST_FIRE_FORGET" version="3.0">
<PreInstallScript/>
<Configurations>
<EndpointConfigurator target-server="pips.IC_Global" dir="${AIA_HOME}/pips/ICPatches/wls000001"/>
</Configurations>
<Deployments>
<Composite compositeName="CreateInvoiceListEbizOSSTransportReq" compositedir="${AIA_HOME}/pips/ICPatches/wls000001/CreateInvoiceListEbizOSSTransportReq" revision="1.0" wlserver="pips.IC_Deploy" action="deploy"/>
<Composite compositeName="CreateInvoiceListEbizOSSReqABCSImpl" compositedir="${AIA_HOME}/pips/ICPatches/wls000001/CreateInvoiceListEbizOSSReqABCSImpl" revision="1.0" wlserver="pips.IC_Deploy" action="deploy"/>
<Composite compositeName="InvoiceEBSV2" compositedir="${AIA_HOME}/pips/ICPatches/wls000001/InvoiceEBSV2" revision="1.0" wlserver="pips.IC_Deploy" action="deploy"/>
<Composite compositeName="CreateInvoiceListEbizProvABCSImpl" compositedir="${AIA_HOME}/pips/ICPatches/wls000001/CreateInvoiceListEbizProvABCSImpl" revision="1.0" wlserver="pips.IC_Deploy" action="deploy"/>
<Composite compositeName="CreateInvoiceListEbizTransportProv2" compositedir="${AIA_HOME}/pips/ICPatches/wls000001/CreateInvoiceListEbizTransportProv2" revision="1.0" wlserver="pips.IC_Deploy" action="deploy"/>
</Deployments>
</DeploymentPlan>

and I run it with the command:
ant -f /export/home/awlsdev/middleware/aia/Infrastructure/Install/AID/AIAInstallDriver.xml -DPropertiesFile=/export/home/awlsdev/middleware/aia/aia_instances/AIA/config/AIAInstallProperties.xml -DDeploymentPlan=/export/home/awlsdev/middleware/aia/pips/ICPatches/wls000001/PatchDP.xml -l /export/home/awlsdev/deployments/deploy_aia_wls000001.log

When my composites are not deployed then it works fine
When the composites are already deployed to the server, I want them to be redployed. This is what happened in 11.1.1.2. In 11.1.1.5 they arn't and I see this in the log instead:

[echo] No-action has been selected due to the condition specified in the policy file for the Composite: CreateInvoiceListEbizOSSTransportReq
[echo] No-action has been selected due to the condition specified in the policy file for the Composite: CreateInvoiceListEbizOSSReqABCSImpl
[echo] No-action has been selected due to the condition specified in the policy file for the Composite: InvoiceEBSV2
[echo] No-action has been selected due to the condition specified in the policy file for the Composite: CreateInvoiceListEbizProvABCSImpl
[echo] No-action has been selected due to the condition specified in the policy file for the Composite: CreateInvoiceListEbizTransportProv2

I don't understand why they arn;t deploying. I havn't specified a polict file!
Is there a global policy file I need to look into?

Robert

Edited by: RobertMetcalf on Jun 17, 2011 10:22 AM

Edited by: RobertMetcalf on Jun 17, 2011 10:23 AM
  • 1. Re: Deployment Plan Problem
    robert224810 Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,
    After some investigation I found the solution to this problem.
    I didn’t find the answer through documentation, or through the error messages but by digging through Oracle files.
    The answer lay in the file $AIA_HOME/Infrastructure/Install/AID/lib/AIDDeploymentLibraryTasks.xml
    In the file there is a section:
    <macrodef name="Composite">
    <Attribute name="compositedir" default="null"/>
    <Attribute name="compositeName"/>
    <Attribute name="wlserver"/>
    <Attribute name="revision"/>
    <Attribute name="overwrite" default="false"/>
    <Attribute name="forceDefault" default="true"/>
         <Attribute name="forceMerge" default="false"/>
    <Attribute name="scac.application.home"
    default="${composite.scac.application.home}"/>
    <Attribute name="configplan" default="null"/>
    <Attribute name="action" default="null"/>
    <Attribute name="failonerror" default="true"/>
    <sequential>
    <if>
    <equals arg1="@{action}" arg2="null"/>
    <then>
    <fail message="Please specify a valid value (deploy or undeploy or no-action) for 'action' attribute in composite tag" />
    </then>     
    </if>

<!-- Check for no-action before validations -->
    <if>
    <equals arg1="@{action}" arg2="no-action" />
    <then>
    <echo message="No-action has been selected due to the condition specified in the policy file for the Composite: @{compositeName}"></echo>
    </then>

From this you can see the error message I am getting. The error message is a complete red-herring this had nothing to do with policies at all. The beginning of this snapshot lists the attributes that the composite tag will accept. One of these is overwrite. I decided to try running this with overwrite set to true, so my deployment plan became:
    <DeploymentPlan component="TEST_FIRE_FORGET" version="3.0">
    <PreInstallScript/>
    <Configurations>
    <EndpointConfigurator target-server="pips.IC_Global" dir="${AIA_HOME}/pips/ICPatches/wls000001"/>
    </Configurations>
    <Deployments>
    <Composite compositeName="CreateInvoiceListEbizOSSTransportReq" compositedir="${AIA_HOME}/pips/ICPatches/wls000001/CreateInvoiceListEbizOSSTransportReq" revision="1.0" wlserver="pips.IC_Deploy" action="deploy" overwrite="true"/>
    <Composite compositeName="CreateInvoiceListEbizOSSReqABCSImpl" compositedir="${AIA_HOME}/pips/ICPatches/wls000001/CreateInvoiceListEbizOSSReqABCSImpl" revision="1.0" wlserver="pips.IC_Deploy" action="deploy" overwrite="true"/>
    <Composite compositeName="InvoiceEBSV2" compositedir="${AIA_HOME}/pips/ICPatches/wls000001/InvoiceEBSV2" revision="1.0" wlserver="pips.IC_Deploy" action="deploy" overwrite="true"/>
    <Composite compositeName="CreateInvoiceListEbizProvABCSImpl" compositedir="${AIA_HOME}/pips/ICPatches/wls000001/CreateInvoiceListEbizProvABCSImpl" revision="1.0" wlserver="pips.IC_Deploy" action="deploy" overwrite="true"/>
    <Composite compositeName="CreateInvoiceListEbizTransportProv2" compositedir="${AIA_HOME}/pips/ICPatches/wls000001/CreateInvoiceListEbizTransportProv2" revision="1.0" wlserver="pips.IC_Deploy" action="deploy" overwrite="true"/>
    </Deployments>
    </DeploymentPlan>

This worked perfectly!
    I hope this solution helps someone else in future
    Robert

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points