5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2011 6:12 AM by user177075

How to setup SLA for Purchase Requisition

user177075
      Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well and had a Great weekend.

I would like to how to Setup SLA for Purchase Requisition. Please let me know oir share any documents if you have anything.

Thanks,
      John
        • 1. Re: How to setup SLA for Purchase Requisition
          user177075
          Hello All,

Please help me on the same.

Is it required to setup SLA for Purchase requisition in R12. If yes how we need to setup.

It is specific to requisition ony. Not for Procure to pay.

Regards,
          John
          • 2. Re: How to setup SLA for Purchase Requisition
            LarryBaugh
            John,

You likely may only need to setup SLA for PO Reqs if you're working in an environment that is using Encumbrance or Budgetary Control, which are mostly used in Public Sector installations. If this is the case, a good starting point is to look at how Oracle has done the seeded example Journal Line Definitions for Reqs. You can see this by Navigating (from PO SuperUser), Setup > Subledger Accounting Setups > Accounting Methods Builder > Methods and Definitions > Subledger Accounting Methods, then query up ENCUMBRANCE_ACCRUAL or UNITED_STATES_FEDERAL SLAMS, drill into the Purchasing AAD, then the Requisition Event Class & then the applicable Requisition JLD. If your install is using Projects Burdening, look at the Burden objects, otherwise look at the ones which don't say burden. You can map the standard/seeded JLDs to your ledger's SLAM, or you can copy them to a user-defined JLD & map them to your ledger's SLAM that way.

Does that help?

Larry
            • 3. Re: How to setup SLA for Purchase Requisition
              user177075
              Hi Larry,

Thank you so much for your reply and guideance.

But we are not using Encumberance. Our PR is Without Encumbrance Enabled.

Any setup for the same ?

Regards,
              John
              • 4. Re: How to setup SLA for Purchase Requisition
                LarryBaugh
                John,

I'd think it could definitely work the same, assuming there is not some limitation that Purchasing Reqs/POs can only generate entries in Budgetary Control/Encumbrance ledgers. I'll try to see if I can find some time to play with it in a test/Vision environment. What I would try is to 1) create a JLD for the Requisitions Event Class (don't check the Budgetary Control checkbox), 2) just create a simple Dr JLT & Cr JLT, with no conditions, 3) map the JLD to your PO AAD, Requistion Event Class. Then try running Create Accounting in Purchasing for Event Class Requisitions & see if it will generate the AE Lines.
                • 5. Re: How to setup SLA for Purchase Requisition
                  user177075
                  Hi Larry,

Thank you so much. I will also try as you suggested and shall let you know the result.
                  Please you also do the same if its possible from your side and at your convienience.

Regards,
                  John