5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 8:19 AM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

Compatibility Oracle 9i and  Solaris 10.5

Hi,
      I found the following article somewhere that : Oracle 9i can not install on the solaris sparc 10.5

Art:
      **Certify - Product Version and Other Selections: Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition On Solaris Operating System x86**
      **General Notes For Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition On Solaris Operating System x86:**

**Sun Solaris OS 10 Information:**
      **o The following database products are certified on the Sun Solaris 10 operating system:**
      **+ Oracle Database 10gR1 (with 10.1.0.3 Patchset) for Sun Solaris x86**
      **o When Oracle Database 10gR2 releases on Sun platforms later in 2005, the following releases will be certified on the Sun Solaris 10 operating system:**
      **+ 10gR2 Database for Sun Solaris SPARC64**
      **+ 10gR2 Database for Sun Solaris AMD64**
      **+ 10gR2 Database for Sun Solaris x86**
      **o Note:Oracle 10gR1 non-RAC databases are certified to work in Solaris 10 non-global (local) Containers on the existing supported platforms for SPARC and x86. Oracle RAC does not work in Solaris 10 local Containers. See metalink note 317257.1 for best practices document for deploying Oracle database in a Solaris 10 non-global Container.**

**Release Information:**
      **Oracle 9i certification is NOT planned on this platform.**

Is true.

thank you
        • 1. Re: Compatibility Oracle 9i and  Solaris 10.5
          sb92075
          867358 wrote:
          Hi,
          I found the following article somewhere that : Oracle 9i can not install on the solaris sparc 10.5

Art:
          **Certify - Product Version and Other Selections: Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition On Solaris Operating System x86**
          **General Notes For Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition On Solaris Operating System x86:**

**Sun Solaris OS 10 Information:**
          **o The following database products are certified on the Sun Solaris 10 operating system:**
          **+ Oracle Database 10gR1 (with 10.1.0.3 Patchset) for Sun Solaris x86**
          **o When Oracle Database 10gR2 releases on Sun platforms later in 2005, the following releases will be certified on the Sun Solaris 10 operating system:**
          **+ 10gR2 Database for Sun Solaris SPARC64**
          **+ 10gR2 Database for Sun Solaris AMD64**
          **+ 10gR2 Database for Sun Solaris x86**
          **o Note:Oracle 10gR1 non-RAC databases are certified to work in Solaris 10 non-global (local) Containers on the existing supported platforms for SPARC and x86. Oracle RAC does not work in Solaris 10 local Containers. See metalink note 317257.1 for best practices document for deploying Oracle database in a Solaris 10 non-global Container.**

**Release Information:**
          **Oracle 9i certification is NOT planned on this platform.**

Is true.
          YES!
          • 2. Re: Compatibility Oracle 9i and  Solaris 10.5
            Please,

Give me the URL said that.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Compatibility Oracle 9i and  Solaris 10.5
              sb92075
              867358 wrote:
              Please,

Give me the URL said that.
              V9 was obsoleted last Century. I won't waste my time documenting ancient history.
              • 4. Re: Compatibility Oracle 9i and  Solaris 10.5
                I'm in the process of convincing the business to move out of the last century and this certification info would be a key reason. Please supply the doc number or link.
                • 5. Re: Compatibility Oracle 9i and  Solaris 10.5
                  Srini Chavali-Oracle
                  All certification information can be found on the "Certification" tab in My Oracle Support (https://support.oracle.com), access to which is given to customers who have a paid support contract with Oracle

HTH
                  Srini