This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 27, 2011 10:23 AM by crj RSS

combining columns

870550 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi ! is there any option to combine two picklist column values. In column1 formula, if i write as column1 + column2, its not working. Is there any option to use UNION operator. Then how could two column values(picklist) can be combined, without using combined analysis ? Because i could achieve this, if i use combined analysis. Is there any option to combine columns without using combined analysis. Kindly suggest some ideas for this.

Edited by: 867547 on Jun 23, 2011 1:01 AM
  • 1. Re: combining columns
    crj Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Could you please clarify if you are trying to concatenate these two picklist values on each row, or if you're trying to show these values on different rows? I suspect you're simply trying to concatenate them on the same row, in which case you can use the concatenation operator (||) between the fields (rather than +). For example, concatenating two picklist fields from the Account object:

"- Account Custom Attributes".PICK_2 || "- Account Custom Attributes".PICK_19

If you would like some delimiter between them, you can concatenate that as well:

"- Account Custom Attributes".PICK_2 || ',' || "- Account Custom Attributes".PICK_19

If this is not the answer you're seeking, please provide some more details about what you are trying to accomplish.

Chris

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points