This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2011 10:32 AM by ajaael RSS

Upgrade of Webcache from 10g to 11g

Jon Petter Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Have anyone upgraded Oracle Webcache from 10.1.2 to 11g with configuration upgraded as well (webcache.xml) ?

I can not find any documentation on how this can be done - only how to install new Webcache.

What I did find was a note on Metalink that says how to copy a webcache.xml from one install to an other install:
How to migrate configuration files from one Web Cache site to another [ID 222280.1]
But this does not say if format has changed from 10 to 11.

I have crossposted on Appserver-forum.

Regards, Jon Petter
  • 1. Re: Upgrade of Webcache from 10g to 11g
    ajaael Explorer
    AFAIK, there is no upgrade strategy from 10g to 11g for Webcache product as a standalone component. Apparently, Oracle Web Tier utilites is tightly coupled with these components [OHS + WLS + Webcache] which is managed through Oracle Enterprise Manager console as a part of OFM 11g.

http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/fmw/web_cache/11g/r1/wc_wls/wc_wls.htm

Hope this helps.

--Ajay                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 2. Re: Upgrade of Webcache from 10g to 11g
    Jon Petter Explorer
    I think I found a way:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E21764_01/upgrade.1111/e10126/upgrade_web_tier.htm#CHDDBCHB

Will try this approach.

Thanx, Jon Petter
  • 3. Re: Upgrade of Webcache from 10g to 11g
    ajaael Explorer
    Please let us know whether this POC worked out or not !!!!!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points