7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2012 3:51 PM by 950635 RSS

    Problems Beehive Calendar new thunderbird 5

    danielh
      Hi all,

      did anybody recognize that Beehive Calendars won´t work with the new thunderbird (with lightning 1.0b4) release? With old Thunderbird 3.1 and lightning 1.0b2 all worked well...My Google and MobileMe Caldendars continue working, just the Beehive ones not.
      We have the newest release of Beehive here, and I tested that with thunderbird 5 on both, mac and win...
      Anybody an idea?

      regards
      daniel
        • 1. Re: Problems Beehive Calendar new thunderbird 5
          danielh
          did nobody noticed an similar problem?
          • 2. Re: Problems Beehive Calendar new thunderbird 5
            873215
            I haven't tried Thunderbird 5 yet, waiting on a new version of Oracle Beehive Extensions. Any news on whet that might be available?
            • 3. Re: Problems Beehive Calendar new thunderbird 5
              mpaterso
              I am using Tbird 5 with Lightning 1.0b4, no issues.
              • 4. Re: Problems Beehive Calendar new thunderbird 5
                mpaterso
                Hi Daniel,

                Did a little more digging.

                Basically customers upgrading to Thunderbird 5 will have their Lightning account blocked, bugzilla already has a bug for it :

                https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=668463

                It should be clear that Beehive has not been certified with TBird 5. We add it to our certification list with our next patch set. There is a work around however.

                Solution:
                1) Create an XML file with the following

                <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
                - <property xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/caldav" name="UserAgents">
                - <property name="UserAgent" value="Mozilla.*Thunderbird/[3-9].*" description="Workaround for ER 12568319 (Not fixed)">
                <property name="Block" value="false" />
                </property>
                </property>

                2) Copy the xml file to a beehive server instance.
                3) Run the following beectl command.
                beectl modify_property --component _CalDAVService name UserAgents file unblock_tb3_and_up.xml --activate_configuration

                This was done internally here at Oracle which is why everything works for me.
                • 5. Re: Problems Beehive Calendar new thunderbird 5
                  danielh
                  thanks for your answer mpaterso,

                  but i think theres something wrong with your xml. we tested
                  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
                  - <property xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/caldav" name="UserAgents">
                  - <property name="UserAgent" value="Mozilla.Thunderbird/[3-9]." description="Workaround for ER 12568319 (Not fixed)">
                  <property name="Block" value="false" />
                  </property>
                  </property>

                  and without minus:

                  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
                  <property xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/caldav" name="UserAgents">
                  <property name="UserAgent" value="Mozilla.Thunderbird/[3-9]." description="Workaround for ER 12568319 (Not fixed)">
                  <property name="Block" value="false" />
                  </property>
                  </property>

                  But none of them working...Is the xml wrong or must Beehive be restarted after this changes?
                  Thanks for your help!

                  -daniel

                  edit:
                  ok also after restarting this doesn´t work with tb5/lightning 1.0b4...

                  Edited by: danielh on 20.07.2011 05:04
                  • 6. Re: Problems Beehive Calendar new thunderbird 5
                    danielh
                    ok here is our solution that somebody cleared in an service request:

                    take this xml:
                    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                    <property name="UserAgents" xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/caldav">
                    <property name="UserAgent" value="Mozilla.*Thunderbird/[3-9].*" description="Workaround for ER 12568319 (Not fixed)">
                    <property name="Block" value="false"/>
                    </property>
                    </property>
                    the rest of the steps is the same!
                    the difference between this xml and the one of mpeterson are the additional "stars" in "Mozilla.*Thunderbird/[3-9].*"
                    • 7. Re: Problems Beehive Calendar new thunderbird 5
                      950635
                      I just de-install thunderbird and went to mydesktop and get the supported version of thunderbird and install it, and now everything is back to where it was.