This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
Did you run a straight standalone P6v7 installation?
If so this should have installed Oracle XE, created the database users and schema, and configured the P6 client alias for you.
Then all you would need to do is login with username "admin" password "admin"
For reference the default P6v7 database users are:
and the password for all database users is the one you provided when installing Oracle XE. default is "Prima123Vera". best of luck.
any more options ?
For your update I have done the following
- I removed all installed components including primavera and oracle
- I reinstalled the P6.7 again as fresh copy
- while creating the PMDB and MMDB i got the messaged failed to create database please contact support ! (these 3 messages has been shown in the initial setup but i forgot to mention)
- after clicking OK for both messages I got the message PMDB is existing Overwrite it ? and the same aslo for MMDB which i Clicked yes
- now the installation is completed and i restarted the PC
- trying to start project managment the same issue came up , to configure the connection to database
- I tried the pubprm$pm user and password an got the following message
Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied ;
- opened the oracle home page and check the users under the administration and changed the password of the pubprm$pm however kept it the same but altered the user
then after trying to connect agian i got the following message
Bad private user name or password. Check the public group ID.
now i don't know where to check or Check the public group ID
also using the admprm$pm username and password got me the same message
Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied;
now,, I am going to remove the system for the 4th time and will erase everything related to primavera including the registry keys
Please advise me if there is a better solution
Make sure you remove OracleXE and all database files along with Primavera.
Then when you re-run the stand-alone installation it should reinstall XE and create the Primavera schema again. Be sure to record the password selected during installation.
I've done all of that, as I mentioned above I have deleted all installation files, common files root files, and even the registry keys ( all related to Primavera or Oracle) and still getting the following
- during the installation process I am facing the problem of failure to create the data base (PMDB and MMDB) please see the message above
- after installation the database is available in the oracle storage ! and also the files of oradata are there on the oraclexe folder !
- running the Primavera there will be no connection to the database
- configuring the connection using all available users is not successful please see the above message
- I think ! there is a compatibility issue between oracle database and windows seven home premium edition ! because I used to use SQL database previously on the same system !