This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2011 6:12 PM by Donald Frano RSS

BLOB,CLOB in Oracle ODI develop

867086 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I have a scenerio where there are Blob and Clob data in a source table.
These tables are the source tables for data migration.

Here i need a clarification on, whether the blob and clob data will transform and load using the ODI tool.
What are the chalenges faced while on the data migration.

Regards,
Kamalesh
  • 1. Re: BLOB,CLOB in Oracle ODI develop
    Donald Frano Newbie
    It would help to reply if you could also let us know what database platform you are migration to Oracle from. ie.. SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, etc... as the functionality and support of various types of data depend largely on the database being migrated via SQL Developer's Migration tool.
  • 2. Re: BLOB,CLOB in Oracle ODI develop
    867086 Newbie
    The Source and target is Oracle 11g.
  • 3. Re: BLOB,CLOB in Oracle ODI develop
    Donald Frano Newbie
    Apologies for the confusion. You are NOT migrating from a 3rd party database, such as SQL Server, Sybase, Informix, or alike to Oracle? You are migrating from Oracle to Oracle? Is this a database version upgrade then?
  • 4. Re: BLOB,CLOB in Oracle ODI develop
    867086 Newbie
    Hi
    sorry for the confusion, upon confirmation... I have 3 sources like IBM db2,oracle and sql server which is used as a source database and the target database is oracle 11g.

Regards,
    kamal
  • 5. Re: BLOB,CLOB in Oracle ODI develop
    Donald Frano Newbie
    Thank you for the update. In think some further clarification may be helpful. This particular forum section is for SQL Developer's feature which is used to migrate from non-oracle databases to Oracle. If you are migrating from DB2 or SQL Server, and are concerned with how BLOB / CLOB data is handled for the migration, you are in the right place. However, the added component in your update which indicates Oracle as a source leaves some doubt as to weather your effort is to migrate TO Oracle from 3rd party databases. Please clarify the scope of your intention and the specific Oracle product you are using for which this question is posted.
  • 6. Re: BLOB,CLOB in Oracle ODI develop
    867086 Newbie
    Am working in the Oracle data integrator tool.

The migration is to be done is from DB2, sql server to Oracle 11g servers.

So have a confusion whether the BLOB/CLOB data will be loading for the bulk load and the incremental load.
    Or do we have any challenges with loading the BLOB and CLOB data.

Please let me know if you require further information.

Regards,
    Kamal
  • 7. Re: BLOB,CLOB in Oracle ODI develop
    Donald Frano Newbie
    Thank you for the update. I belive that the confusion is because you have updated the form that is specific to the SQL Developer tool's Migration function which is designed to port/convert non-Oracle databases to Oracle. For the Oracle Data Integrator, there is likely another forum for that.

Please try to post your question on the forum located here:
    Data Integrator

Thank you.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points