2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 4:14 PM by TonyScalese

Data loading into Essbase from source Oracle EBS through FDM.

user10733151
      Hi,

We’ve got an issue that has arisen today with the FDM Oracle Load into Essbase.

We are using the ‘Merge’ method for data loading into Essbase from source Oracle EBS through FDM. Issues are arising in instances where on a previous data load (Load 1), a particular intersection has a value and then subsequently becomes nil in Oracle (via journals/accruals for e.g). On the subsequent load (Load 2) into Essbase, because the value of the interception in Oracle is nil, nothing is sent / loaded into Essbase. Due to using the merge method, the Load 1 value remains unchanged in Essbase when it should actually be replaced with nil. Is there any way to bring all Null values from sourece Oracle system to FDM.

Regards,
      Swa.
        • 1. Re: Data loading into Essbase from source Oracle EBS through FDM.
          SH_INT
          By default FDM will suppress zero values. You can use the NZP expression in the import format to override this and allow zeros to be passed to the target system, in your case Essbase.
          • 2. Re: Data loading into Essbase from source Oracle EBS through FDM.
            TonyScalese
            It depends. As SH pointed out, zeros can be loaded through FDM to the target application. I would exercise caution before turning that option on as you don't want your DB to grow as a result of hundreds or thousands of zeros.

Null values are another story. The lack of a value in the source system is not something that FDM can handle out of the box. You would need to create a custom process that keeps history of what WAS loaded that is no longer part of the current data set. I have developed a similar custom process for HFM that I refer to as Smart Replace. I'm sure the same functionality could be extended to Essbase with some slight modification.