2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2011 7:55 AM by 823177 RSS

Using the JMS API in Java EE Applications

Hello to all,

this is some sort of theoretical question.

I been reading the JMS documentation for a while.

1.I could not understand what this statement means :

>
      This section describes the ways in which using the JMS API in enterprise bean applications or web applications differs from using it in application clients.

2. What is the difference to use the JMS in java EE web orEJB container and application client ?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Using the JMS API in Java EE Applications
          r035198x
          peterwkc wrote:
          Hello to all,

this is some sort of theoretical question.

I been reading the JMS documentation for a while.

1.I could not understand what this statement means :

>
          This section describes the ways in which using the JMS API in enterprise bean applications or web applications differs from using it in application clients.
          What a developer is allowed to do is different depending on whether they are writing code to run in a container or not. The container already provides lots of services so some code you would write for outside a container is not needed when you write for a container. There are APIs that you are not allowed for in container code if you want to adhere to the spec.

>
          2. What is the difference to use the JMS in java EE web orEJB container and application client ?

Thanks.
          Read more of that document to find out the differences. Application components in Web/EJBs must not create more than one active session per connection while application clients are allowed to do so.
          • 2. Re: Using the JMS API in Java EE Applications
            I got the point.

The difference is between code execute in container or outside of container.

Thanks.