9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2010 3:54 PM by jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12259]

I'm having problem dealing with this message. When I tried to run my stored proc this is what happened

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12259], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
      at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:289)
      at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:579)
      at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1894)
      at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.fetch(TTC7Protocol.java:1199)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.next(OracleResultSetImpl.java:295)
      at MyProcedures.<init>(MyProcedures.java:15)
      at MyProcedures.main(MyProcedures.java:35)

I can't understand why I tried searching in the net with the possible solutions from installing another thin driver to renaming of jre, still I can't figure out. I would really appreciate if someone could help me fix this problem.

tnx

btw below is the implementation of my stored procedure

try
      {
      CallableStatement statement = connection.prepareCall("{call GET_NAME}");
      ResultSet rs = statement.executeQuery();
      while( rs.next() )
      System.out.println( rs.getString( "SURNAME" ));
      }
      catch( SQLException e ) { e.printStackTrace(); }

• 1. Re: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12259]
          JustinCave
          - Can you post the signature of your stored procedure?
          - What version of the JDK are you using?
          - What version of the JDBC driver are you using?

Justin
          Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
          www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC
          • 2. Re: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12259]
            here is my stored procedure code

PROCEDURE GET_NAME IS
            NAMES SURNAMES.SURNAME%TYPE;
            CURSOR MY_CUR IS
            SELECT SURNAME FROM SURNAMES;
            BEGIN
            OPEN MY_CUR;
            FETCH MY_CUR INTO NAMES;
            WHILE( MY_CUR % FOUND )
            LOOP
            DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE( NAMES );
            FETCH MY_CUR INTO NAMES;
            END LOOP;
            CLOSE MY_CUR;
            END;

version of my jdk is jdk1.4.1
            jdbc 2

I would really appreciate if you could help me
            • 3. Re: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12259]
              my jdbc driver version is
              JDBC Driver Version is 9.2.0.3.0
              • 4. Re: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12259]
                Hi,

I also have similar ORA-00600 error when I use Java (SQLJ generated by JPublisher) to execute PLSQL package. My package has Oracle Object data-type in the procedure signatures. Here is my Java stacktrace:
                java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12761], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:187)
                at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:241)
                at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:543)
                at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1477)
                at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteFetch(TTC7Protocol.java:888)
                at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeNonQuery(OracleStatement.java:2004)
                at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.java:1924)
                at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:2562)
                at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:452)
                at sqlj.runtime.ExecutionContext$OracleContext.oracleExecuteUpdate(ExecutionContext.java:1556

Here is my Oracle database messages on alert.log:

Stack: oraAlertsStack alerttext: Tue Jan 20 20:07:09 2004
                Stack: oraAlertsStack alerttext: Errors in file /opt/oracle/admin/SIMDB/udump/ora_911_simdb.trc:
                Stack: oraAlertsStack alerttext: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12761], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

The strange thing is that the PLSQL package is working fine by itself. For example, I am able to execute the package using SQLPLUS.

It only fails when I try to run the Java code that executes the PLSQL package. Also, the failure does not occur on every call to the package (i.e. it works for certain Java call to the package that has different parameters).

I am still searching on the real cause and solution of this error. If anyone has more information, please reply to this post.

Thanks.

P.S. Here is my system information:
                Oracle 8.1.7
                HP-UX 11i
                JDeveloper9i
                • 5. Re: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12259]
                  JustinCave
                  Are you using the thin driver or the OCI driver? If you're using the OCI driver, what version of the Oracle client are you using?

Justin
                  Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
                  http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC
                  • 6. Re: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12259]
                    in my case I'm using Oracle thin
                    I don't know what to do already I would really appreciate if you could help me
                    • 7. Re: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12259]
                      Avi Abrami
                      Hi 390351,
                      You cannot get a "ResultSet" from a PL/SQL procedure that has no 'OUT' parameters. If all you want is the list of SURNAMEs, why can't you simply do a straight SQL query? Something like:
                      String sql = "select SURNAME from SURNAMES";
                      Connection dbConn = // however you obtain a DB connection
                      Statement stmt = dbConn.createStatement();
                      ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(sql);
                      I think you're getting an error message because you're asking Oracle to do something it can't.

Good Luck,
                      Avi.
                      • 8. Re: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12259]
                        Dear All ,

Following error is happening in a very unpredictable way. Please find the below error log and let us know if you find any solution on this.Same thing is getting executed well in our local DB. We have been seeing this problem when application is pointing to DEV DB boxes.Local DB is having oracle10g and DevBoxes are having 11g version.We assume that it could be DB related error rather than application.

"JDBC error reported: (SQLState = HY000) - java.sql.SQLException:
                        [tibcosoftwareinc][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00600: internal
                        error code, arguments: [12259], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
                        • 9. Re: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12259]
                          jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias
                          user12207965 wrote:
                          We assume that it could be DB related error rather than application.
                          That is all "internal error code" could be.

In terms of code all you can do is to localize where it occurs, and attempt to re-write in the hopes that you can bypass it.