1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 31, 2011 6:49 PM by Christian Screen RSS

Does Row Wise Initialised block effects the performance of OBIEE 10.1.3.2.0

Hi,

I am trying to implement the security in my application using row wise initialisation block. Could any one help me with below mentioned doubts:

1) Does it effect the performance of the OBIEE server.
      2) Cons with row wise initialisation block used for implementing security which uses Oracle customise function in it. this initialisation block is been created for implementing 2 level security.

Thanks
      Savita
        • 1. Re: Does Row Wise Initialised block effects the performance of OBIEE 10.1.3.2.0
          Christian Screen
          Savita,

Answers to your questions are as follows:

*1) Does it effect the performance of the OBIEE server.*

No. This is part of the Oracle BI Repository modeling process for Oracle BI 10g.

*2) Cons with row wise initialisation block used for implementing security which uses Oracle customise function in it. this initialisation block is been created for implementing 2 level security.*

There really aren't any cons. To get the security you are seeking row-wise security in Oracle BI 10g is the route you must take. In addition, this process is used widely in Oracle BI 10g for numbers of consecutive users and total users/groups in an LDAP or security group table ranging from hundreds to tens of thousands with nothing but success. So, don't worry about implementing this as your implementation will be sound by configuring row-wise security.