5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2011 10:16 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

adalnctl.sh exiting with status 1

Hi

I am new in apps. I have just installed 12.1.1.

When I try to start the application using

$INST_TOP/admin/scripts/adstrtal.sh apps/apps

I am getting the following error

################################
      adalnctl.sh version 120.3

Checking for FNDFS executable.
      Starting listener process APPS_VIS.

adalnctl.sh: exiting with status 1

adalnctl.sh: check the logfile /oracle/app/inst/apps/VIS_apps/logs/appl/admin/log/adalnctl.txt for more information ...

.end std out.
      grep: /oracle/app/inst/apps/VIS_apps/ora/10.1.2/network/admin/listener.ora: No such file or directory

.end err out.

#############################

I am using port pool 0.

Can anyone tell me how I can create this listener? Or can anyone past the syntax?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
        • 1. Re: adalnctl.sh exiting with status 1
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          grep: /oracle/app/inst/apps/VIS_apps/ora/10.1.2/network/admin/listener.ora: No such file or directory
          Looks like your listener.ora file is missing.
          Can anyone tell me how I can create this listener? Or can anyone past the syntax?
          Run AutoConfig on the application tier node and this will create the listener.ora file for you.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: adalnctl.sh exiting with status 1
            Hi,

It is a single node installation. I did run the autoconfig from $INST_TOP/admin/scripts. It ran successfully. But the listener was not created. Not sure why.

Could you please send me your listener config? So, that I can edit that and put into the listener file. Would that work?

Tarecles
            • 3. Re: adalnctl.sh exiting with status 1
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              It is a single node installation. I did run the autoconfig from $INST_TOP/admin/scripts. It ran successfully. But the listener was not created. Not sure why.
              Please check the log file to verify whether the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora file have been generated or not.
              Could you please send me your listener config? So, that I can edit that and put into the listener file. Would that work?
              It will not work as it depends on the listener name, port pool, hostname/domainname, directory you have.

Have you checked the listener.ora file under $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/<CONTEXT_NAME> directory?

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: adalnctl.sh exiting with status 1
                Hi Hussein,

I have the listener file under database home.

[oracle@apps VIS_apps]$ pwd
                /oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/VIS_apps
                [oracle@apps VIS_apps]$ ll
                total 8
                -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 1081 Jul 11 22:52 listener.ora
                -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 1249 Jul 11 22:52 tnsnames.ora
                [oracle@apps VIS_apps]$ cat listener.ora
                #
                # $Header: ad8ilsnr.ora 120.3 2007/12/18 10:13:38 sbandla ship $
                #
                # ###############################################################
                #
                # This file is automatically generated by AutoConfig. It will be read and
                # overwritten. If you were instructed to edit this file, or if you are not
                # able to use the settings created by AutoConfig, refer to Metalink Note
                # 387859.1 for assistance.
                #
                # ###############################################################

#

#
                # Net8 definition for Database listener
                #

VIS =
                (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
                (DESCRIPTION =
                (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = apps.localdomain)(PORT = 1521))
                )
                )

SID_LIST_VIS =
                (SID_LIST =
                (SID_DESC =
                (ORACLE_HOME= /oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0)
                (SID_NAME = VIS)
                )
                )

STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_VIS = 0
                CONNECT_TIMEOUT_VIS = 10
                TRACE_LEVEL_VIS = OFF

LOG_DIRECTORY_VIS = /oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin
                LOG_FILE_VIS = VIS
                TRACE_DIRECTORY_VIS = /oracle/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin
                TRACE_FILE_VIS = VIS
                ADMIN_RESTRICTIONS_VIS = OFF
                SUBSCRIBE_FOR_NODE_DOWN_EVENT_VIS = OFF
                [oracle@apps VIS_apps]$

I am getting the problem with the listener in 10.1.2 AS which is under applmgr user.

/oracle/app/inst/apps/VIS_apps/ora/10.1.2/network/admin/listener.ora: No such file or directory

I have just checked the autoconfig log. It shows the following error:

[ Config tool : /oracle/app/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin/adgentns.pl ]
                Command : /oracle/app/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/bin/perl -I /oracle/app/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/lib/5.8.3 -I /oracle/app/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3 -I /oracle/app/apps/apps_st/appl/au/12.0.0/perl -I /oracle/app/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/Apache/Apache/mod_perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/i686-linux-thread-multi /oracle/app/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin/adgentns.pl PASSWORD contextfile=/oracle/app/inst/apps/VIS_apps/appl/admin/VIS_apps.xml logdir=/oracle/app/inst/apps/VIS_apps/admin/log/07121255 outdir=/oracle/app/inst/apps/VIS_apps/admin/out/07121255
                Action : execute

SCRIPT RETURNED:
                ##########################################################################
                Generate Tns Names
                ##########################################################################
                Logfile: /oracle/app/inst/apps/VIS_apps/admin/log/07121255/NetServiceHandler.log
                Classpath : /oracle/app/apps/apps_st/comn/java/lib/appsborg2.zip:/oracle/app/apps/apps_st/comn/java/classes

Updating s_tnsmode to 'generateTNS'
                UpdateContext exited with status: 0
                AC-50480: Internal error occurred: java.lang.Exception: Error while generating listener.ora.
                Error generating tnsnames.ora from the database, temporary tnsnames.ora will be generated using templates
                Instantiating Tools tnsnames.ora
                Tools tnsnames.ora instantiated
                Web tnsnames.ora instantiated

adgentns.pl exiting with status 2
                ERRORCODE = 2 ERRORCODE_END
                .end std out.

.end err out.

Result : FAILED

Regards,

Tarecles
                • 5. Re: adalnctl.sh exiting with status 1
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  adgentns.pl exiting with status 2
                  This indicates that AutoConfig did not complete successfully, and it explains why the listener.ora file was not generated successfully.

Please search AutoConfig log file for adgentns.pl, you should find more details about the error.

Also, please review these docs and see if it helps.

AC-50480: Internal error occurred: java.lang.Exception: Error while generating listener.ora. [ID 1324667.1]
                  AC-50480: Internal error occurred: java.sql.SQLException: RC-50014: Fatal: Execution Of Autoconfig Failed "APPS.FND_NET_SERVICES" Has Errors [ID 337348.1] -- Skip Step 5

Thanks,
                  Hussein