This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2011 6:33 AM by 884826 RSS

Cascaded LOV works at application module but not at jspx

680758 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear All,

I have one VO with 3 transient attributes, each one reads it data from another VO and each one has it LOV (Cascaded LOVs).
I've confogured the traditional cascading requirements (View criteria with parameter at LOV source VO, and the View accessors at VO I talked about above) and all 3 cascaded LOVs works fine when run the application module.

But at the jspx page it didn't work perfectly, just the first two LOVs are cascaded while the third one didn't take a value when change the second one value.
My configuration are:
selectOneChoice1 --> AutoSubmit = true
selectOneChoice2 --> AutoSubmit = true + PartialTrigger = selectOneChoice1
selectOneChoice3 --> PartialTrigger = selectOneChoice2

Have I missed any thing or there's something else ?

Thank you very much and best regards.
  • 1. Re: Cascaded LOV works at application module but not at jspx
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Hi,

in your scenario, the autosubmit of selectOneChoice 2 does not fire because the data change is issued by the system when selectOneChoice 1 changes. You will need to reference selectOneChoice 1 from the PartialTriggers on selectOneChoice 3 too.

Frank
  • 2. Re: Cascaded LOV works at application module but not at jspx
    680758 Newbie
    Dear Frank,
    Thanks for your replay,

Actually I guess the auto-submit for selectOneChoice2 is firing because the mouse cursor is flashing when chose an item from selectOneChoice2 list, I debuggetd it too, the submit is issued.
    I tried to refer selectOneChoice1 from the PartialTriggers on selectOneChoice3 but the last still return no data too.
    Because cascading is working fine at application module (Business component browser) I guess I missed something at jspx configuration so this is the source code for more details:

+<af:panelFormLayout binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_reservation.pfl1}"+
    id="pfl1">
    +<af:selectOneChoice value="#{bindings.StateId.inputValue}"+
    +label="#{bindings.StateId.label}"+
    +required="#{bindings.StateId.hints.mandatory}"+
    +shortDesc="#{bindings.StateId.hints.tooltip}"+
    +binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_reservation.soc1}"+
    +id="soc1" autoSubmit="true">+
    +<f:selectItems value="#{bindings.StateId.items}"+
    +binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_reservation.si1}"+
    +id="si1"/>+
    +</af:selectOneChoice>+
    +<af:selectOneChoice value="#{bindings.PbxId.inputValue}"+
    +label="#{bindings.PbxId.label}"+
    +required="#{bindings.PbxId.hints.mandatory}"+
    +shortDesc="#{bindings.PbxId.hints.tooltip}"+
    +binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_reservation.soc2}"+
    +id="soc2"+
    +partialTriggers="soc1" autoSubmit="true">+
    +<f:selectItems value="#{bindings.PbxId.items}"+
    +binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_reservation.si2}"+
    +id="si2"/>+
    +<af:selectOneChoice value="#{bindings.GateId.inputValue}"+
    +label="#{bindings.GateId.label}"+
    +required="#{bindings.GateId.hints.mandatory}"+
    +shortDesc="#{bindings.GateId.hints.tooltip}"+
    +binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_reservation.soc3}"+
    +id="soc3" partialTriggers="soc1">+ *Please note I tried soc2 too*
    +<f:selectItems value="#{bindings.GateId.items}"+
    +binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_reservation.si3}"+
    +id="si3"/>+
    +</af:panelFormLayout>+

Thanks and best regards
  • 3. Re: Cascaded LOV works at application module but not at jspx
    875340 Newbie
    I'm new to using JDev and ADF, but I have been playing around a lot with cascading LOV's. I am guessing that it is possible to set multiple partial triggers, so maybe
    <id="soc3" partialTriggers="soc1 soc2"> (Not sure if or what should separate those..)

I'm not sure if that is even possible, but I'm assuming that the partial trigger*s* isn't a typo.
  • 4. Re: Cascaded LOV works at application module but not at jspx
    SumitYadav Explorer
    1. Click the view accessor tab of that particular VO.
    2. Check the View Accessor of the lov of that transient attribute which bind_value needs to be set from the above selected value .
    3. In the view criteria section check if you have shuttled the view criteria from available to selected or not .
    4. Also check in the bind parameteres section if you set the bind values properly or not .

Please update if these are already done .

Thanks
    Sumit Yadav
  • 5. Re: Cascaded LOV works at application module but not at jspx
    680758 Newbie
    Dear Sumit,

I checked the criteira and parameters at view accessor, at other hand all three LOVs are working fine at Buisness component browser (When run the application module), so I guess my Model tier configuration is correct.
    The problem appears at View tier (at jspx page), only first two LOVs are cascaded while the third one didn't response to the second LOV submit.

Thanks and bset regards
  • 6. Re: Cascaded LOV works at application module but not at jspx
    luisvil Newbie
    hope this help.
    I was doing several different Test with Jdev R2 regarding to cascading Lov and lovs components.
    here are results.

lets split them in two flavors.

I. Forms.
    a) cascading lovs works fine only if you use : input text item with lovs. (this one works fine even if you do not set autosubmit on the master and partial trigger on dependent lovs, .......cool)
    b) if you choose selectOneChoise, "what is really nice for short list" it does not work. not even if you set autosubmit and partial trigger.

II. af:table
    a) on editing mode: editAll
    * using input text with lov works (you do not need to set autosubmit/partial triggers) but every time when you select a value from a list, an ugly error araise saying : field1 is required. field2 is required...to all require attributes (you can work after click)
    * using selectOneChoise did not work. after you select the first lov the next lov is surrounded by red square and never get refreshed.
    b) on editing mode: clickToEdit :
    this is really cool and fast, but cascading lovs does not work at all. not even input text with lovs

so I think we need to wait to have a new release with these bugs fixed.
  • 7. Re: Cascaded LOV works at application module but not at jspx
    680758 Newbie
    Hello guys,

Finally my problem is solved ;-)
    The solution of this issue was described at [Andrejus Baranovskis's blog|http://andrejusb.blogspot.com/2008/12/cascading-lovs-in-oracle-adf-11g-update.html]
    I saw this thread before asking for help at OTN forum, but it seems I missed few steps and they are:

1- Making view links between LOVs VOs
    2- At LOVs VOs, I added the bind variable at VO query (for example: where State_ID=:vState), but it seems that there's no necessary to do so, the view criteria is enough.

Now all three LOVs are cascaded.
    Thank you guys for help and best regards
  • 8. Re: Cascaded LOV works at application module but not at jspx
    884826 Newbie
    Hi all,

I have the same cascade LOV problem.

I have an entity, say Main, with two attributes: Attr1, Attr2 which are LOV. The items in the Attr2 LOV are dependent on what value the user selects for the Attr1.
    I have View Links between Main and LOVs an between Attr1 and Attr2.
    In the jspx page Attr1 and Attr2 are defined as af:selectOneChoice, with autoSubmit="true" for Attr1(the parent) and partialTriggers="parent" for Attr2.
    But when I test the page and select a value for Attr1 from the LOV, the Attr2 is nor refreshed with the coresponding values.

Can you give me some indications about what the problem might be or what settings to check?

I actually added the View Links after reading the last post by Tiny_Oracle but I am not sure if I have to make any other changes except creating those links.

Thanks,
    Andreea

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points