This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
What do I need to do for an existing environment that I want to re-clone (same instance name, services, directory structure, etc..).Just follow the same procedure but you have to delete the existing instance first.
So, if you want to clone TEST to DEV, please do the following:
- Stop the application/database services of the DEV instance
- Delete all the application/database files of the DEV instance
- Run preclone on the application/database tiers nodes on the TEST instance
- Shutdown all the application/database services of the TEST instance
- Copy the application/database files from TEST to DEV
- Run postclone on the database/application tier node on the DEV instance
Rapid Clone Documentation Resources For Release 11i and 12 [ID 799735.1]
Thanks Hussein for the quick replay and the answer I was looking for!