This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2011 5:59 AM by rukbat RSS

Sun StorEdge Raid Controller and Solaris 9

875160 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Where can I get drivers for StorEdge SRC/P Raid Controler in SOLARIS 9 OS ?

Edited by: 872157 on 2011-07-13 03:40
  • 1. Re: Sun StorEdge Raid Controller and Solaris 9
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    I do not happen to have any current idea how to get the software you might need, other than suggesting that if you have a login account to `My Oracle Support`it could be available over there, but ...

While using Google for this, I came across a cached copy of the SRC/P Raid Controller Installation Guide. While viewing it on screen, I was able to select a menu choice while in Google Docs that let me "Print-to-PDF". My browser settings always launch that in an other browser window, but the save-to-disk icon was there in that new PDF window.

That currently cached document link is HERE

Let's see if others have any input to this question of yours.

---
    I've got to go dig out my old Sol9 installation media to see if the packages were included by the time Sol9 was released. That RAID card was originally from the era of Solaris 2.6, 7, and 8.
  • 2. Re: Sun StorEdge Raid Controller and Solaris 9
    875160 Newbie
    Thanks. I know this document. Maybe Oracle login is needed.
  • 3. Re: Sun StorEdge Raid Controller and Solaris 9
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    First, sorry for the late return. All my Solaris installation media was packed away in storage.

To begin with, I do not happen to have any Solaris-for-SPARC media, but only CD/DVD media for installation to x86. None of it happens to have any obvious packages for the SRC/P card. I looked through my various releases of Solaris 7, 8, 9, Sol-Express, and 10.

< insert sad face emoticon here >

They're now all packed away again.

---

... and yes, you will most probably need a MOS login to get access to the drivers. The speediest way for anyone would be for them to log a support request and have tech support dig out a copy.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points