4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2011 8:27 AM by davinod RSS

WLST - Failing to run nmConnect() command / node manager becomes unreachabl

davinod
      Hello guys,

I'm facing some issues to setup some configurations of one application that I've deployed on weblogic 10.3.3.0.

One of the needed steps in order to configure this applications is open the WLST in offline mode an run 2 commands:

*/bea/mytrack/wlserver_10.3/common/bin/wlst.sh*

Then I try to connect in the nodemanager:

* wls:/offline> nmConnect('admin30800','weblogic_password',port='30801',domainName='track30800')*

The following error returns:

Connecting to Node Manager ...
      <Jul 13, 2011 2:23:45 PM CDT> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "CN=thawte Primary Root CA - G3,OU=(c) 2008 thawte\, Inc. - For authorized use only,OU=Certification Services Division,O=thawte\, Inc.,C=US". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
      <Jul 13, 2011 2:23:45 PM CDT> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "CN=T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 3,OU=T-Systems Trust Center,O=T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH,C=DE". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
      <Jul 13, 2011 2:23:45 PM CDT> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "CN=T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2,OU=T-Systems Trust Center,O=T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH,C=DE". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
      <Jul 13, 2011 2:23:45 PM CDT> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "CN=GlobalSign,O=GlobalSign,OU=GlobalSign Root CA - R3". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
      <Jul 13, 2011 2:23:45 PM CDT> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "OU=Security Communication RootCA2,O=SECOM Trust Systems CO.\,LTD.,C=JP". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
      <Jul 13, 2011 2:23:45 PM CDT> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "CN=VeriSign Universal Root Certification Authority,OU=(c) 2008 VeriSign\, Inc. - For authorized use only,OU=VeriSign Trust Network,O=VeriSign\, Inc.,C=US". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
      <Jul 13, 2011 2:23:45 PM CDT> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "CN=KEYNECTIS ROOT CA,OU=ROOT,O=KEYNECTIS,C=FR". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
      <Jul 13, 2011 2:23:45 PM CDT> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "CN=GeoTrust Primary Certification Authority - G3,OU=(c) 2008 GeoTrust Inc. - For authorized use only,O=GeoTrust Inc.,C=US". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
      Traceback (innermost last):
      File "<console>", line 1, in ?
      File "<iostream>", line 123, in nmConnect
      File "<iostream>", line 646, in raiseWLSTException
      WLSTException: Error occured while performing nmConnect : Cannot connect to Node Manager. : Access to domain 'track30800' for user 'admin30800' denied

I did some research and found this thread here: http://kr.forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=788163
      that solves the initial problem, however after I performed the nmConnect and a storeUserConfig() command, I exit() from the WLST and restart the node manager with success, the node manager becomes unreachable.

I used the WL adm console and access -> appdomain -> environments -> machines -> monitoring -> node manager status to check the unreachable status.

Thanks in advance,

Davinod
        • 1. Re: WLST - Failing to run nmConnect() command / node manager becomes unreachabl
          Csoto-Oracle
          Hi Davinod,

This issue seems to be happening because of node manager username/password credentials in console being incorrect using some junk username and password.

Please try the following to resolve this issue:
          1. Change NodeManager username and NodeManager password from console and set them same as the domain username/password credentials.
          2. Restart the whole domain, Nodemanager process after the change.

Below is the procedure for changing the Nodemanager username/password from console:
          1. Login to WebLogic console --> click on Domain --> go to security tab and Advanced options.
          2. Change the credentials in console for NodeManager username and NodeManager Password, Activate the changes.

Thanks,
          Cris
          • 2. Re: WLST - Failing to run nmConnect() command / node manager becomes unreachabl
            davinod
            Nice it worked!!

However when I try to start the servers controlled by this node manager I got this error:

-sh-3.2$ <Jul 14, 2011 8:43:42 AM> <WARNING> <Exception while starting server 'track30800-01'>
            java.io.FileNotFoundException: /u01/track30800/user_projects/domains/track30800/servers/track30800-01/data/nodemanager/boot.properties (Permission denied)
            at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
            at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
            at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
            at weblogic.nodemanager.server.ServerManager.saveBootIdentity(ServerManager.java:495)
            at weblogic.nodemanager.server.ServerManager.saveStartupConfig(ServerManager.java:438)
            at weblogic.nodemanager.server.ServerManager.start(ServerManager.java:301)
            at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.handleStart(Handler.java:567)
            at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.handleCommand(Handler.java:118)
            at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.run(Handler.java:70)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Jul 14, 2011 8:43:42 AM weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler handleStart
            WARNING: Exception while starting server 'track30800-01'
            java.io.FileNotFoundException: /u01/track30800/user_projects/domains/track30800/servers/track30800-01/data/nodemanager/boot.properties (Permission denied)
            at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
            at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
            at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
            at weblogic.nodemanager.server.ServerManager.saveBootIdentity(ServerManager.java:495)
            at weblogic.nodemanager.server.ServerManager.saveStartupConfig(ServerManager.java:438)
            at weblogic.nodemanager.server.ServerManager.start(ServerManager.java:301)
            at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.handleStart(Handler.java:567)
            at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.handleCommand(Handler.java:118)
            at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.run(Handler.java:70)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
            <Jul 14, 2011 8:43:42 AM CDT> <Error> <NodeManager> <BEA-300048> <Unable to start the server track30800-01 : Exception while starting server 'track30800-01'>

Edited: Should I change the chmod for 777 for this file in order to check that all users have write permission?

-rw-r--r-- 1 root iluser 193 Jun 24 11:05 boot.properties

Did I miss a step?

Thanks,
            Davinod

Edited by: davinod on Jul 14, 2011 6:58 AM
            • 3. Re: WLST - Failing to run nmConnect() command / node manager becomes unreachabl
              Csoto-Oracle
              Davinod,

Glad to know that you are moving forward with this issue!

Regarding your last question, as it needs read and write permissions, I would suggest you to set the boot.properties privileges to at least 755.

Thanks,
              Cris
              • 4. Re: WLST - Failing to run nmConnect() command / node manager becomes unreachabl
                davinod
                Alright, 100% working now.

I was not using the correct account to start the NM and ADM server.

Thanks a lot again for your help.

Cheers,
                Davinod