This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 15, 2011 8:06 AM by jtahlborn RSS

.Net XSD validation picks up more errors than Java, need to know full list

847927 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All

Hmm, I tried the new Validation API using different sources to validate a large XML file (450 megs) against an XSD.

I proved that the StreamSource was the fastest (average 125 seconds, not bad!). I based my solution on these very useful examples: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-javaxmlvalidapi/index.html

Anyways, we tried the same exercise using a .NET solution, validating the same XML file against same XSD and it got 150 more errors than the Java solution did (Java got 10098).

So I'm now trying to establish why the descripancy, is it because .NET validator is more strict? So I need to know what properties/features is the default implementation setting true so I can compare to the ones being set for .NET.

Can anyone assist me with this list or even the full list? The only feature I seem to find on the Javadocs of JAXP 1.4.5 is
FEATURE_SECURE_PROCESSING under

javax.xml.XMLConstants

Thanks

Jose
  • 1. Re: .Net XSD validation picks up more errors than Java, need to know full list
    jtahlborn Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    user6739832 wrote:
    So I'm now trying to establish why the descripancy, is it because .NET validator is more strict?
    well, what were the differences? if you determine what the differences are in the errors, that will probably make it easier to narrow down the differences in the settings or implementations. it's possible that the two implementations just process errors differently and therefore there really isn't a discrepancy (e.g. one impl may find one error on a value and stop processing it, while the other may run multiple validations against the same value and report multiple errors).

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points