This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 18, 2011 11:52 AM by YoungWinston RSS

Error 2753

876020 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Is there a way to modify the .msi in jdk-6u26-windows-i586.exe to force it to install. I keep getting an error 2753 which appears to be undocumented and I can not get the JDK to install. The installation thinks it's already installed and can;t figure out how to do an uninstall before a reinstall, even though there's not a functional previous install.

Apparently SuperOrca can modify the .msi, I'd like to know what to modify or delete to force an installation.

Is there a command line switch to force an install with jdk-6u26-windows-i586.exe.

Add/Modify
Revo Uninstaller
MSICUU
are all unsucessful in removing leftover garbage preventing a sucessful install of the JDK
  • 1. Re: Error 2753
    YoungWinston Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    user2079676 wrote:
    Is there a way to modify the .msi in jdk-6u26-windows-i586.exe to force it to install. I keep getting an error 2753 which appears to be undocumented and I can not get the JDK to install.
    This has come up before, so you could check the archives. Failing that, [url http://lmgtfy.com/?q=java+installation+error+2753]this will get you lots of pages, including past queries here.

Winston

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points