1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2011 5:58 PM by Roger25

dbconsole is not starting!

Roger25
      I have this problem again and again. Why, i don't know. I can't explain. I deinstalled my Oracle Database (i deleted also all the remaining Oracle files & folders, registry and so on) i installed it again, but Enterprise manager dbconsole cannot start. I tried:
      C:\Documents and Settings\Sorin>set ORACLE_SID=ORCL

C:\Documents and Settings\Sorin>set ORACLE_HOSTNAME=localhost

C:\Documents and Settings\Sorin>set ORACLE_UNQNAME=ORCL

C:\Documents and Settings\Sorin>emctl start dbconsole
      Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Database Control Release 11.2.0.1.0
      Copyright (c) 1996, 2010 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.
      https://localhost:1158/em/console/aboutApplication
      Starting Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Database Control ...The OracleDBConsoleor
      cl service is starting...............
      The OracleDBConsoleorcl service could not be started.

A service specific error occurred: 2.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3547.
      What can be the problem? I tried to read some metalink articles (with dropping and recreating dbconsole), but didn't helped, the problem persists.

Please help me.
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
          sb92075
          Roger22 wrote:
          I have this problem again and again. Why, i don't know. I can't explain. I deinstalled my Oracle Database (i deleted also all the remaining Oracle files & folders, registry and so on) i installed it again, but Enterprise manager dbconsole cannot start. I tried:

Starting Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Database Control ...The OracleDBConsoleor

What can be the problem? I tried to read some metalink articles (with dropping and recreating dbconsole), but didn't helped, the problem persists.

Please help me.
          Thanks
          More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3547

What clues exist in EM log file?
          • 2. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
            Roger25
            C:\Documents and Settings\Sorin>net helpmsg 3547

A service specific error occurred: ***.

EXPLANATION

A service-specific error occurred.

ACTION

Refer to the Help or documentation for that service to determine the problem.
            Where's exactly that EM log file?
            • 3. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
              Likely the issue is related to his incorrect set up of his network card, and his incorrect hosts file.

Can you and I please agree to ignore this person in the future?

----------
              Sybrand Bakker
              Senior Oracle DBA
              • 4. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
                Roger25
                Why? Why did you tell him to ignore me? Why you always are unhelpful? This is a problem in my case, so i cannot start dbconsole. And my hosts file is:
                # Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
                #
                # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
                #
                # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
                # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
                # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
                # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
                # space.
                #
                # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
                # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
                #
                # For example:
                #
                #      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
                #       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

127.0.0.1       localhost
                Also i have the folders localhost_orcl in oracle_home, and OC4J_DBConsole_localhost_orcl in oracle_home\oc4j\j2ee\.
                Can you tell me then, what's wrong??
                If you can just arguing here, please stay away from this topic.
                • 5. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
                  Centinul
                  Have you reviewed the documentation for this tool?

Managing Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Control

You probably want to look at this part in the chapter: Understanding the Enterprise Manager Directories

From there you should be able to figure out where some of the log files are and start reviewing them for errors.
                  • 6. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
                    I am not unhelpful, but you always fail to follow up help.
                    Your normal procedue is

- ask help
                    - do not follow up
                    - re-install Oracle, not reading any documentation
                    - start 'fixing' it, which usually means you wreck the installation again.
                    - Ask for help again
                    - Again you don't implement the suggestions provided
                    - Obviously the original problem persists, and you start asking again about the original problem
                    - As you still don't read documentation, you decide to reinstall.

The central problem is you install everything by clicking away and never read anything. You don't read the documentation and you don't read the advice provided here.

You may post 10000000000 questions here. The problem will not be resolved as the problem is YOU and your abuse of this forum.

Please go away here. Find a less challenging job. Oracle is not for you. Please stop annoying people here.
                    Yesterday I have spent several hours on you with no success, only to be flamed by you. You should apologize

--------------
                    Sybrand Bakker
                    Senior Oracle DBA
                    • 7. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
                      Please note Roger22 never reads and can understand any documentation. He may 'look' at it, but he doesn't read.

Please ignore him.

-----------
                      Sybrand Bakker
                      Senior Oracle DBA
                      • 8. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
                        Roger25
                        Stop with this considerations and comments!!
                        I have read many topics, and documentation paragraphs also, but in my case some problem persists. Don't know why, that's why i ask here. Why this forum does not have a field where users can enter the link from the documentation they have read, when opening a new topic? If you're so smart and you have opened a topic on another section with "people never read documentation..", "people abusing forum", why don't you propose such idea?

And i'm not an Oracle DBA as you think, i don't want to be, i just want to set up my database successfully and everything working fine. But sometimes, documentation DOES NOT HELP to solve the problem!!
                        Well, this is Oracle.. many problems, many bugs.. and if someone has a strange issue/problem, he should search on metalink => bullsh*t. I'm sorry that there appears so much errors during oracle products installations... if i search all the oracle forums there is full of problems. That is the truth but,... no comment
                        • 9. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
                          There are millions of users who can install Oracle.
                          Problem is :YOU

---------
                          Sybrand Bakker
                          Senior Oracle DBA
                          • 10. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
                            Roger25
                            Yes, there are other milions of users which are encountering problems during installation. I'm part of them. And that's why this forum is, to get help.
                            I see you are very very very irrascible! Can you change yourself? or.. can you go to a psychiatrist? every and every time you have to argue here. Don't tell me you are married, because i don't think there is one girl who can accept you

Edited by: Roger22 on 18.07.2011 19:30
                            • 11. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
                              No there aren't millions of users who have problems.

And all those users have one thing in common: They don't READ. They only LOOK

You have never READ what I posted, you only LOOK at it.

The issue is : YOU. Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

------------
                              Sybrand Bakker
                              Senior Oracle DBA
                              • 12. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
                                CKPT
                                Roger22 wrote:

It seems problem with current environment too. Have you find any more information from EM log files? if so please do post

read MADRID comments in below links, it might helpful.
                                The specified item was not found.

Edited by: CKPT on Jul 18, 2011 10:09 PM
                                • 13. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
                                  Roger25
                                  I assure you that when i LOOK, i also READ. There's somewhat logical, don't you think?
                                  • 14. Re: dbconsole is not starting!
                                    Roger25
                                    CKPY, now i tried to start again the dbconsole with 'emctl start dbconsole' and it started successfully. I can't explain. The only difference was that i'm now connected to another network, so i think it's a problem where i'm connected (now i'm connected on a wireless newtork). If i disconnect all the network connections, emctl does not start. Strange.
                                    1 2 Previous Next