3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2012 4:03 PM by user8883265

File Browse Item in APEX versions prior 4

Udo
      Hi there,

we are currently struggling with a strange issue concerning the File Browse Item in earlier APEX versions: The item value is not submitted correctly when using APEX Listener. There is always a F<randomnumber>/ as prefix that is not visible anywhere in the page source code (so it's not generated by APEX itself) or browser (Firebug trace didn't see any prefix transmitted) and this value is even there when the file browse dialogue is submitted empty. The latter case causes severe problems, as validations fail to detect null values. Our current workaround is a regex on that prefix, but this obviously is no clean solution.
      We found out that F<randomnumber>/ is the prefix of the name that is created temporarily in WWV_FLOW_FILES. If submitted correctly, the name is prefix + actual filename.

This problem does not occur when using OHS and it does not occur when running the APEX Listener on top of APEX 4.0.2.
      The problem occurs reproducible in the following environments:
      - APEX Listener 1.1.2 standalone or any JEE Container, JDK 1.6.0_26, Linux or Windows
      - APEX 3.1.2 or APEX 3.2.1

The problem seems to be related to the one discussed in {thread:id=2205973}, but describes some different effect that is not reproducible on OHS.

I appreciate every clue where this may come from and any hint on how to turn it off...

Thanks,

Udo
        • 1. Re: File Browse Item in APEX versions prior 4
          user8883265
          After reading this story, I have same problem with version 1.1 of the apex listener and version 4.1 application express.
          This problem also occurs when importing applications with the IMPORT option from the apex.
          How do I resolve this problem?

Installation:
          SO: LINUX
          VERSION APEX: 4.1
          VERSION APEX LISTENER: 1.1
          APLICATION SERVER: GLASSFISH 3.1.2
          DATABASE: 11GR2

SHOW ERROR

*1 erro has occurred*
          File must be selected to upload.(Go to error)

I appreciate the help!
          thanks,

Claudio

Edited by: user8883265 on 21/04/2012 14:24
          • 2. Re: File Browse Item in APEX versions prior 4
            Udo
            Hello Claudio,
            After reading this story, I have same problem with version 1.1 of the apex listener and version 4.1 application express.
            I still think it affects only versions prior to 4.0. I'm not able to reproduce it on 4.1.
            How do I resolve this problem?
            I think you ran into a bug in GlassFish 3.1.2. This has been discussed and resolved here: {thread:id=2357381}

I hope this helps you solve your problem.

-Udo

P.S.: Please always open a new thread if you are not sure you are in the same situation and especially when the original thread is long "dead" like this one. Of course you can reference other threads with possibly similar issues in your thread.
            Thanks!
            • 3. Re: File Browse Item in APEX versions prior 4
              user8883265
              Seems the problem is related to version 3.1.2 of glassfish. When installing the 3.1.1 version worked.

thanks,

Claudio