This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2012 11:46 AM by soljanuzi RSS

WARNING: AQ_TM_PROCESSES is set to 0. System operation might be adversely a

bharathDBA Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

We have a dataguard setup for 10g database on AIX platform.

In the primary database alert log file ,we see the below warning.What do we need to do regarding this.Is this really going to affect the performance and what is it related to.

WARNING: AQ_TM_PROCESSES is set to 0. System operation might be adversely affected.
  • 1. Re: WARNING: AQ_TM_PROCESSES is set to 0. System operation might be adversely a
    mseberg Guru
    In 10.2, it is recommended to leave the parameter aq_tm_processes unset and let the database auto-tune the parameter.

Setting aq_tm_processes parameter explicitly to zero which disables the time monitor process (qmn), can disrupt the operation of the database due to several system queue tables used when the standard database features are used.

Hey, check your post from yesterday too and I come back with a fix for this

Best Regards

mseberg

Before you do anything read this :

"Warning: Aq_tm_processes Is Set To 0" Message in Alert Log After Upgrade to 10.2.0.3 or Higher [ID 428441.1]

Run this as sysdba
    declare
    mycheck number;
    begin
    select 1 into mycheck from v$parameter where name = 'aq_tm_processes' and value = '0'
    and (ismodified <> 'FALSE' OR isdefault='FALSE');
    if mycheck = 1 then
    dbms_output.put_line('The parameter ''aq_tm_processes'' is explicitly set to 0!');
    end if;
    exception when no_data_found then
    dbms_output.put_line('The parameter ''aq_tm_processes'' is not explicitly set to 0.');
    end;
    /
    If it is set to zero try to clear it.

alter system reset aq_tm_processes scope=spfile

Beware this requires a database bounce.

If you find this helpful please mark it so

Edited by: mseberg on Jul 20, 2011 9:55 AM

PS

This isn't a fire, you can wait to deal with it if you can stand the error messages that will keep coming.

Edited by: mseberg on Jul 20, 2011 10:00 AM
  • 2. Re: WARNING: AQ_TM_PROCESSES is set to 0. System operation might be adversely a
    bharathDBA Newbie
    These warnings are not coming frequently,but I saw this message in alert log and wanted to know whether this is anyway affecting our performance.I will try the change nexttime when we plan for a bounce.

I responded to your response in the other thread mseberg.I could not comeback on that issue as i'm struck with many performance issues.

Thanks ,
  • 3. Re: WARNING: AQ_TM_PROCESSES is set to 0. System operation might be adversely a
    mseberg Guru
    Understood.

If this answers this question, please remember to mark it so.

Best Regards

mseberg

Also worth noting this is a not really a Data Guard issue and you might consider posting question like this in the General Database section.

Be warned its a tough crowd over there they expect Versions of OS, Oracle, exact error etc. I would read several postings before I add anything there.

Edited by: mseberg on Jul 20, 2011 10:30 AM
  • 4. Re: WARNING: AQ_TM_PROCESSES is set to 0. System operation might be adversely a
    soljanuzi Newbie
    mseberg

I found this message in alert.log of my production database and I followed the instruction of your thread, rebooted my database and after that no messages anymore.
    Thanks for all.

Edited by: user7901599 on 26/09/2012 11:46

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points