I made a simple applet that displays the version of java a user is running. It works fine in IE6 , 7 , and 8 when the Next Generation Plugin is on, but when it is turned off a white box shows up where the applet should be. It works fine in firefox 3.6, 4, 5 no matter what. I need it to work without the next generation plugin as it causes conflicts with other software my users have. Heres the error message
A few suggestions:
- Try to specify a codebase in the applet tag
- Try to obtain a console trace with tracing level 5 (see the last line of help displayed in the console by Java)
- Give us access to the applet
- If you are using a file URL, try HTTP to see what happens
- Try to remove the suffix ".class" from your applet tag. It is not legal, just tolerated.